Second Kickstarter speculation

For Kickstarter related discussion and chatter
The_Minsk

Second Kickstarter speculation

Postby The_Minsk » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:53 pm

Well I figured its never too early to start the speculation. And who knows perople may come up with some good ideas that the powers that be take notice of. So what do we know (or think we Know)? Its going to have the rule book involved some how.

Now speculation on what factions get what, personally I think we will se a similar number of factions, erhaps a reversal of infantry to monsters.

Angelcynn:
possibly the Gesith, Penda’s Hearthguard or the Geoguth, beardless warriors, as both of these have been mentioned before,could be the werewolves too. From what I have seen the Angelcynn are a popular faction.

Fomoraic:
foot men for ballor, and possibly the sloth men?

Norse:
Hrafnmann the raven people, maybe some viking type warriors.(Iwould love to see a berzerker warp type unit bit like slade)

Khthones:
Krokodar unit?

Ysian:
maybe some chain drunes?

New factions:
That roman faction,maybe the Irish too who knows?

what does everyone else want to see/hope to see?
Rick_Boer

Re: Second Kickstarter speculation

Postby Rick_Boer » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:09 pm

Check out the Future mini Round-up thread here for more upcoming mini's (also confirmed by Mierce)
AndyS

Postby AndyS » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:35 pm

Norse infantry will be ships crew. To go with Erik and kjartan. I hope for a unit of hrafnmen as I didn't go for the champion this time round.

Penda's guard will be awesome. MM have hinted as much!
Wyrd bið ful aræd
grefven

Postby grefven » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:54 am

Vras... We need vras, obviously! Not some cheap knock-off of the WH Skaven, but something with an unique twist to them. I fear that they will have to be a bit hoard-y, but I still hope that the quality of individual sculpts will shine through, and maybe give them special rules to "represent" a hoard, but still use a more limited amount of figures (because no one will be able to afford a horde warband with resin figures!).

I hope that we will see mutated rats (not like rat-ogres) but a combination of men and rat. The vras are, after all, allied with the ysians and their brutes. It would also be really wicked if it could cross-over to the ysians. That their brutes got some rat-genes in them. :)
Chad

Postby Chad » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:32 am

I'm hoping the second KS will be focused on the Kindreds with very little expansion wise for the existing Kindreds and a really nice shiny rulebook (I'm already saving so I can get one of the big pledges)

The Erainn: I'd like to see the Sidhe (with the Seelie and Unseelie Court determining if how nasty they are) as well as a new Fianna army, maybe with a hero or two rising up from cairn of heroes to drive off the Norse, Brythons and Atalantes.

The Atalantes: More of their automatons and perhaps some form of engineers/seers who build them as well as some Hoplite infantry and maybe some Khthones whose will has been broken in shackles.

The Byzantii: I'd like to see some catapults and ballista as well as Roman legionnaires. As for the demonic possessed infantry I'd kind of like them to be merged visibly with their armour.

The Infernii: I'd like to see them based at least in a Seven Deadly Sins manner. Lust, Greed, Gluttony, Sloth, Wrath, Envy and Pride gives a lot of scope for a variety of infantry, monstrous infantry and beasts.

The Vras: Swarms of rats mounted on 60mm bases and then a tide of giant on 120mm

The Albainn: Berserkers have been mentioned, I'd also like to see them have wolf hounds and Chariots.

Scenery: Some scenery for each Kindred as I'm pretty sure the Ysian's have very different tastes to say the Norse.

Rulebook: Ultrashiny Editions

The existing Kindreds would have gaps filled in such as normal Infantry for Norse and Fomoraic whilst the Angelcynn would get more monstrous infantry shapeshifter and a Bede-esque character to harangue Penda
bloodwars

Postby bloodwars » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:33 pm

I'm looking foward tonorse and roman infantry, roman war machines, and complete stats on the units (because it actually is important when i'm buying for a game system! If we had stats for the units now, I would have doubled my order in all likelyhood).
AndyS

Postby AndyS » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:39 pm

Am I the only one who is not really interested in the Vras then?
Wyrd bið ful aræd
Funkychef

Postby Funkychef » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:14 pm

Nope Andy, not at all, Rat's have no interest to me and I'll be off-loading the blunt claw I'm getting.

Different kindreds basic humans however will always appeal, in all thier forms :)
Aka Dave
AndyS

Postby AndyS » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:25 pm

Phew, thought I was missing something! lol. I don't really understand where they fit in this world. Maybe some old Cornish mythology. Maybe MM will enlighten us?
Wyrd bið ful aræd
grefven

Postby grefven » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:05 pm

Come on, rats are a part of any folklore. The Pied Piper of Hamelin in particular is a good one concerning rats, as are several histories about rats and the black plague. Sure, they might not be a main feature of the history, but they are around. :) And I like 'em for no particular reason other than I think that Benoit Cosse did a great job with them. :D I am all about the miniatures after all.
Rick_Boer

Postby Rick_Boer » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:10 pm

Just see the Vras as bringers of Death and Diseases and they fit right into the setting
Kenton

Postby Kenton » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:29 pm

I can't see the need for Vras either. I honestly think they exist only due to the early bane beast support of WHFB.

I'd rather not see more.
bloodwars

Postby bloodwars » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:38 pm

i'm not big on ratmen either. and i'm glad MM has avoided a lot of the orc/goblin/skeleton/elf/dwarf type thing as well.

You DO need to make a mounted drune unit though. pretty please?
grefven

Postby grefven » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:02 pm

Mounted drune units on rat-mounts! :D J/k
Tim Fisher

Postby Tim Fisher » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:26 am

Mounted Drunes have been in the works for a while - they've been put back because the foot units took priority but yes, mtd Drunes concepts exist & will appear at some point............
bloodwars

Postby bloodwars » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:14 pm

thank you! I figured, but having it confirmed is welcome news ;)

that means i don't need to scour ebay or find chinese recasts of confrontation drune raiders, which makes me happy.

Return to “Darklands Kickstarter Projects”