Any experience using dynwocor?

For discussion of Brythoniaid hosts and their strategies and tactics
HughB

Any experience using dynwocor?

Postby HughB » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:20 pm

At the moment I'm playing 999 games and using the list described in the thread below. Namely:

Skirmishing Uchelwr general with a bard, a unit of drilled rhyfelwr and a unit of normal rhyfelwr in his command. Both units skirmish and harass stuff with bows

A prifdyndraig commander leads a unit of five dyndraig and a cawrdraig as the second command.

One issue I have is with frenzied units (gabrax that get roared at basically) counter charging my dyndraig and then eating their lunch after I fluff my damage rolls on the engage and spray attempts because the dyndraig have low skill and so go second to counter chargers.

I'm toying with the idea of swapping the dyndraig for a unit of dynwocor because the shrieking dynwocor are higher base skill themselves and would, if their shriek works, be able to halve the skill of whatever they're charging and so attack first before most frenzied counterchargers. I was wondering whether I would miss the damage output from the beefier M+W of the dyndraig, the sprays and the better C+A? Anyone have any experience using the dynwocor yet? What do they work well against and what do they struggle against?

Thanks in advance for any input
painting challenge 2019 - 67/100

All absolute statements are false
Beire

Re: Any experience using dynwocor?

Postby Beire » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:01 pm

HughB wrote:
One issue I have is with frenzied units (gabrax that get roared at basically) counter charging my dyndraig and then eating their lunch after I fluff my damage rolls on the engage and spray attempts because the dyndraig have low skill and so go second to counter chargers.

Are you sure that Gabrax can get a frenzy token from a roar action? In the rulebook it says that only "Feral, and resolute or exulted" units can get roused (p.308). So I was under the impression that only feral units that lost their frenzy token could get a frenzy token from a roar action?

In our first couple of games, my opponent got quite disheartened when he saw my Gabrax units lined up. But that changed when I explained the trample action to him... ;) .
HughB

Postby HughB » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:38 pm

Oh crap. Think I've made a pretty big rules derp there. :-/ ook. Misread that rather badly. Thank you for the clarification.

Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:42 pm

Worry not, there'll be a Gabrax unit that is Feral at some point... let's call them "Frothers"!!

Cheers
Rob
Jonathon Chester

Postby Jonathon Chester » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:02 am

To answer the question about using Dynwocor I have used them in small units as chaff units and shreiker bombs to try and throw my opponents main combat units off balance to allow my had hitters to come in and deal the killing blow
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2018 - 127/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2019 - 128/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2020 - 100/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2021 - 12/100
HughB

Postby HughB » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:34 am

Thanks for the feedback Jon. Thats kind of what I expected. Have you experimented with accompanying them with a prifdynwocor? Its an extra expense admittedly but cos nobles can be under move and attack orders at the same time, you coud march the unit into the flank/rear of whatever you're attacking and then shriek/attack from there. Also the noble allows you to do a shriek test for the unit and a shriek test for the noble.

Jonathon Chester

Postby Jonathon Chester » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:05 am

I have only used one or the other as I only had one model for a while :lol: got 6 of the guys now and hopefully be getting some games in with them soon.
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2018 - 127/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2019 - 128/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2020 - 100/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2021 - 12/100

Return to “Brythoniaid”