ONUMO - and a few smelly friends

For discussion of Byzantii hosts and their strategies and tactics
CountCrushmore

ONUMO - and a few smelly friends

Postby CountCrushmore » Sun May 29, 2016 12:37 pm

Well, I thought I would try my hand at figuring out how to build a host of some of the miniatures I have on order and struggled to fit in as many of those nice shiny things. I guess I have made some mistakes, maybe someone with more experience could help me out to spot them.

Option - 58 Gold
Legionarius (8) - 128
Legionarius (8) - 128 [Bound]
Legionarius (8) - 128 [Bound]

Dromedus Secundus - 101 Gold
+ Scutum
Compelled Unit:
Dromedus (5) - 310 Gold
+ Beaten Armour
Dromedon - 159 Gold [Bound]

Auxilia Option - 60 Gold
+ Arcus
Compelled Unit
Auxilia Sagittarius (8) - 152 Gold
Auxilia Bestiarius (5) - 105 Gold
Hippoxus (3) - 642 [Bound]
+ Flail Bell

5 Mainstay, 2 Common, 6 Uncommon, 1975 Gold. I would have liked to fit a Skorpion or a Leonis into it, to build up the Desert animals Theme, or a Demimagus to have some Invocations, but there are some ranged options in this host, that should cover this drawback.

What do you think, have I missed something or made a mistake?
You can´t spell cOuNt crUshMOre without ONUMO!
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: ONUMO - and a few smelly friends

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:46 pm

Hah, awesome. I guess it would always be that you had three Hippoxa ;o)

Yea, looks okay. The Hippoxa would hit hard - although shooting and magic may bring down one before you get them into combat - and you've plenty of units to drown out the enemy, and those Dromedii will hit nicely.

The only thing I would say is, try and get a Magus in there; you will need one. Maybe drop a Dromedus, and a Bestiarius, to get one in?

Sounds good!
Cheers
Rob
CountCrushmore

Postby CountCrushmore » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:43 am

Thank you for taking the time to look at my list and thanks for your suggestions!

Rob Lane wrote:Hah, awesome. I guess it would always be that you had three Hippoxa ;o)

Four on Order :D - three from the Hosts and one Flail ONUMO, that´s the least I can do.

Rob Lane wrote:Yea, looks okay. The Hippoxa would hit hard - although shooting and magic may bring down one before you get them into combat

That would trigger my special Ability - Wrath of the Hippoxa Herald :evil: , nobody hurts my poor little Hippoxa!

Rob Lane wrote:- and you've plenty of units to drown out the enemy, and those Dromedii will hit nicely.

That was what I´ve intended, and between the Pila and the Sagittarii there are some pointy things flying in the Direction of the Barbarians.

Rob Lane wrote:The only thing I would say is, try and get a Magus in there; you will need one. Maybe drop a Dromedus, and a Bestiarius, to get one in?

Good point - somehow it felt that there are two things that are missing in that list - even more Hippoxa :lol: and some Invocations. I think if I part with one Dromedus I won´t loose that much, I will take a look at it, but first I have to fiddle with another List for the Infernii and one for the Kthones.

Thanks again!
You can´t spell cOuNt crUshMOre without ONUMO!
HughB

Postby HughB » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:50 am

A bit of threadomancy I'm afraid but Onumo debuted in our group last weekend and just wanted to say that he's a beast on the charge and acquited himself very well. The dromedus warchief is also a nasty piece of work and their shooting attacks are not to be sneezed at. Think you'll have a good time with that list.
painting challenge 2019 - 67/100

All absolute statements are false

Return to “Byzantii”