999 gold Goaty list plus any love for the Mallox?

For discussion of Fomoraic hosts and their strategies and tactics
HughB

999 gold Goaty list plus any love for the Mallox?

Postby HughB » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:55 pm

There hasn't been much action in the muster list/tactics discussion recently so I thought I'd post my most recently used 999 list for fomoraic to see what peoples thoughts were (comments and criticism most welcome) on the list and also use it as a chance to ask what peoples thoughts were on the use of solitary monsters in a 999 list. I'm keen to keep the big lads in my list but I've often found that a 100mm base monster under performs a bit when compared to the units of infantry/monstrous infantry. This may well be a case of me misusing my monsters however so feel free to completely disagree with me :-)

Here's the list anyway:

First command

Gabrax Untain, heavy armour upgrade - 90 General (ubiquity C2)

Within his command are the following:

1 unit of ten gabrax with heavy armour upgrade and free command - 200 (mainstay)

1 unit of ten gabrax with heavy armour upgrade, free command - 200 (mainstay)

1 gul gabrox bound to the second unit of gabrax - 78 (bound to mainstay unit)

Second command

Gabrax Warlock with dark stone artifact and three spells (ice weapons, shardlings, ice shards) - 157 commander (ubiquity U)

Mallox - 269 (ubiquity 2U)

Total 994 gold

Its a bit heavy on the gear and spells perhaps. Any thoughts?
painting challenge 2019 - 67/100

All absolute statements are false
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: 999 gold Goaty list plus any love for the Mallox?

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:05 pm

I think that's okay Hugh, there's enough Gabrax to counter numbers and the Mallox will come keen. I do think you've gone a bit overboard with the gear and the spells though, as you say... I'd be tempted to drop the Gul-Gabrox and the Untain to a Tain, and try to get some Tarvax or other smaller monstrous infantry in...

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Fomoraic”