Kthones 1499

For discussion of Khthones hosts and their strategies and tactics
Crazyguy501

Kthones 1499

Postby Crazyguy501 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:12 pm

So whilst day dreaming at work (which I do on occasion), I got thinking about making a Kthones 1499 list under the current muster. With the Savra sculpts looking gorgeous (thanks to Bob) I decided to try a main focus around Savra with a couple of other elements. I’ve thought this up today and the points, authority and ubiquity points should match up. Would love some feedback and thoughts on this list and how you’d think it would stand up as a generic 1499 list, so right on to it...

First Command

Savrachon, battered shield and mounted on Savrakh, 385 gold
12 Savrakontar, trained, (compelled as mainstay by Savrachon), 204 gold
5 Krokodar, beaten armour, Slaughterer, Roarer, 425 gold

Second Command

Savrargos, invocation bleed, 138 gold
10 Savrar, trained, (mainstay for Command), ikon bearer, beater, savrarkh, 190 gold
2 Szalamandra, 156 gold

Which lands on 1498 gold, I think this list is alright but would welcome improvements on it :mrgreen:
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Kthones 1499

Postby Rob Lane » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:33 am

I like it! A bit of everything, as it should be. Some big fighty stuff, some shooty bits, some cheap infantry - job's a good 'un.

The only thing you may be missing is a largish monster, but I reckon the Krokodar can take on most things...

Cheers
Rob
antoine

Re: Kthones 1499

Postby antoine » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:00 am

Read your post while "working" on a kthones army. Very interesting list indeed, well balanced as Rob said. I intend to use approximately the same minis (lizards are almost on their way now!), but I would be tempted to put the ranged units with the ranged units, and form à kind of assault command with the close combat troops. It might be useless, cause the savrakontar are skirmishers, and szalamandras rather artillery-like, what do you think ?

Return to “Khthones”