JerzyK's Anglecynn

For Tale of X Gamers painting blogs
JerzyK

JerzyK's Anglecynn

Postby JerzyK » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:33 am

Having painted some Ysians, I decided to start second Darklands fraction - Anglecynn. Here are my painted minis (all four):

These are unpainted, but at least assembled - a little more:

And there are MANY still in bags, waiting for better times...
Blue Prophet

Re: JerzyK's Anglecynn

Postby Blue Prophet » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:36 am

You are a very good painter. I love being inspired by seeing good paint jobs and learning from them.

One thing though, I see that you mounted the assembled Duguth on what look like finished bases. Do you paint them just like that? Or do you remove them from the base before painting, and put them back after?
JerzyK

Postby JerzyK » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:51 am

Thanks.
Except for the biggest figures (like Druc or Glaun) I try to paint the minis already glued to their bases. I attach the bases with Blu Tack to wine cork for better handling while painting.
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:26 pm

Looking great so far Jerzy!

Any recent pictures?

Cheers
Rob
JerzyK

Postby JerzyK » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:29 pm

Rob Lane wrote:Looking great so far Jerzy!

Any recent pictures?

Cheers
Rob

Thanks. I have not painted anything from Anglecynn since then, but I started something working on different. Something more...treeish! Pictures soon (I mean in December).
ErikB

Postby ErikB » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:52 pm

Fantastic work. I love those Duguth guys - they are what attracted me to Mierce minis in the first place (though originally I think the Duguth were the middle-tier Gothic darkages warriors, never really on British soil, but I may be wrong.)

Who is the two-sword guy? I haven't seen him on the website. I'd love to see that guy with a shield on his back as opposed to a hammer (as he already has his primary and backup weapons), would be a cool character.

I hope my bear turns out half as well as yours.
Rick_Boer

Postby Rick_Boer » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:58 pm

That's the KS-exclusive Timoth, and he does still have his shield (+ that hammer)
ErikB

Postby ErikB » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:21 pm

Any progress on the Duguth and Gesith? I'd love to see them painted up!

Just assembled my Duguth this weekend. The kit was missing a right arm for the standard bearer so I kitbashed one out of one of some cylindrical sprue. Doesn't look nice but maybe I can paint on some straps and scar tissue or something, or make it look like cloth so its shape and lack of detail aren't issues.

What did you use for those mounds they're standing on?

I use scraps of sprue below the feet so they stand above the sand I then use as basing material. Haven't figured out a good way to raise them up on top of something like. Don't drink so I have no corks lying around. Strange thing, that. Just when you need a glass of wine....
JerzyK

Postby JerzyK » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:30 pm

Thanks. No progress yet on Anglecynn, but I painted Araigh http://www.mierce-miniatures.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=19&start=50
The ground on the grey bases is made of resin 20mm square forest bases that I bought a few years ago. I cut texture from the square bases and glued it to Mierce round ones, filling gaps with Milliput. I also used cork on some of the bases.
JerzyK

Postby JerzyK » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:22 am

A little update on Anglecynn warband - almost two years after I painted his bear form, I finished Beowa in human form

Beire

Postby Beire » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:14 pm

Superb JerzyK!

Return to “Tale of X Gamers”