BUCKEYE BATTLES - OHIO 7/8-7/10 2016

For players in the USA and Canada to introduce themselves.
Dan Pratt

BUCKEYE BATTLES - OHIO 7/8-7/10 2016

Postby Dan Pratt » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:18 am

Attention All US Darklands Players & Fans (and also our friends across the globe)

Buckeye Battles is a large 10-year strong event that is held annually in central Ohio that typically consists of three days of Warhammer Fantasy (1 day Team Tournament, 2 day Grand Tournament) +/- peripheral 40k, Warmahordes, etc. events

This year we've arranged for several tables to be set aside exclusively for Darklands. At a minimum myself and Dustin Morris (aka That Guy on the forum) will be playing all three days and demoing and promoting the game for all passersby, hopefully swaying some hardened gamers to our cause during the day and also over some beers in the evenings.

We strongly encourage any of you that can make the trip to come by, meet, chat, learn the rules, or play some friendly games if you know them already.

At a maximum, we'd love to run a small Darklands tournament with points awarded for victory, painting, and sportsmanship. BUT, this totally hinges on player turnout!

Pre-Registration is open now via the Buckeye Battles Website http://buckeyebattles.com/. You can use the "9th Age Fantasy GT Registration" link. Enter your first name, email, phone #, kindred, and team (use "Darklands").

For a special reduced price of $20 (largely to cover food) you can play/hang out all three days. There is lodging available locally.

There will be prize support from Mierce Miniatures in the form of rule books and moneyback vouchers for the webstore. Whether these are awarded based on scores or a raffle will again be dictated by turnout.

This game, the people who make it, and the people who play it are great. It is our mission to spread and promote Darklands in the US and part of that involves building a community. We sincerely look forward to seeing you in July. Please feel free to send me a PM if you have questions.

Thanks,
Dan
That Guy

Re: BUCKEYE BATTLES - OHIO 7/8-7/10 2016

Postby That Guy » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:45 pm

If you've never heard of Buckeye Battles, check out the website. Its a pretty big deal in our chunk of the midwest. It brings in people from several states and some folks have even traveled across the Atlantic to participate.
Theres a reason Buckeye is huge and growing. Its a blast. I guarentee that if you show up, your gonna meet people you'll stay in touch with for a long time afterwards.
My personal favorite part of the whole weekend is seeing all the beautifully painted armies and seeing who takes top spots for that effort.
Show up. Drink booze. Play games. Meet gamers.

Return to “USA/Canada”