Kindred Musters Update III

All rules discussion and queries for Darklands
Rob Lane

Re: Kindred Musters Update III

Postby Rob Lane » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:05 pm

VALPHAOMEGAV wrote:In the Fomoraic muster both the Ograx and Ograx Reiver Untain have 1d10 Wound+ on their paired weapons profile, said profile also doesn’t have a cost associated with it.

Good spot - sorted. They're 14 and 13 respectively.

VALPHAOMEGAV wrote:Also, how will khelones fit in with the other khthones kindreds, as currently the only feasible way to field the khelon is with a Gorgon or Gorgor due to their overlord ability.

Well, like that, for now. Until the Khelones are expanded that's the only way.

VALPHAOMEGAV wrote:Byzantii: The Demiurion has the option for segmentata and also scutum remnants, but I don't think the C+A with segmentata is 78 as stated, should it not be 69 as the segmentata replaces the hamata completely for an improvement of 4 (difference between hamata Armour+ and segmentata Armour+) rather than being additional for an improvement of 13?

Yeah, got that wrong - I'll sort it. It'll end up 70.

VALPHAOMEGAV wrote:Erainn: Fir Bholg, Hurlers and Throwers have Bound (Tuanagh, Fiannagh, Fir Bholg), however the Fiannagh have no Bind (Fir Bholg (any variety)) and Tuanagh only have Bind (Fir Bholg, Fir Bholg Hurlers) with the additional caveat of the Tuanagh needing to be of the Connacht realm as well. Are these rules holdovers from the previous revision of the muster or are Fiannagh intentionally exempt from the realm caveat?

Fiannagh shouldn't be able to have them; they're Uí Néill, so only the Tuanagh should have them. I'll remove that. They'll be able to Bind to Deaisbard though, when they arrive (hearthguard).

Cheers
Rob
Rob Lane

Postby Rob Lane » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:07 pm

antoine wrote:Hi everyone,
Concerning the 2-influenced-or-common-units-to-form-a-mainstay question:
when I read in the new muster rules « Each command must include at least one Mainstay unit of effective size within it - effectively the commander's household warriors - and this is called the command Mainstay unit», I find it perfect, both il terms of Darklands lore and in terms of game mechanics.
The rule of "2 influenced units = a command Mainstay unit" is in the same spirit, and a very good idea to allow variations while keeping coherence. But 2 random common units = mainstay... I really don't see the point...
So I think the muster rules are great as they're writen now, and only adjustements on who compels/influences who are required.
Antoine

Yes, I am with you for sure, that's why I wrote it; I need to adjust nobles, basically.

Cheers
Rob
Rob Lane

Postby Rob Lane » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:33 pm

So I'll address this now...

demyse wrote:Ok. As far as I can see these are the miniatures (apart from sell swords) that are warlords or war chiefs that can no longer form commands
Rose of ker-ys
Augur drune
Seer drune
Harvest drune

They can have Veteran Ax-Drunes, although that's a bit silly... but it'll have to do for now. Hopefully this puts off lots of sorcerers as commanders, which was kind of my aim...

There will be some standard Drune infantry at some point - Spear-Drunes - but I won't add those until the miniatures arrive. One fine day...

The Rose will be able to Compel Sword-Melusines.

demyse wrote:Kynigos

I'll make him able to Influence (Oplites, Phalangites, Khalkotes). Veteran Oplites will become Mainstay though.

demyse wrote:Thaumaturios (crap spelling, mage dude)

Veteran Oplites - same deal as the Ysian sorcerers, until something standard comes along... Oplites are good infantry, common, but not your bog standard Atalantes.

demyse wrote:, dreaguth deathbringer

Oops I forgot to reduce his Authority. He's now 33, so you can have him in another command with the Dreaguth Thain. Tough monkeys on him - he can't have a command... yet.

demyse wrote:Wiglaca (if wiht)

Whoops... he should be able to Compel Wihts. I'll sort that to be: Compel (Wihtgār); Influence (Wihtsweord, Wihtax). The Licwaca will compel all those.

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Darklands Rules Discussion”