Flank Test

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
Brightblade

Flank Test

Postby Brightblade » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:09 am

Rob,

Could a unit under Flank orders and in the Generals Command use the Generals Authority for the Flank Test when they want to join the Battle?

The Rules say they can use their commanders Authority if they are a flanking commander whether they are on or off the battlefield. The General is on the General order so can technically use any order type for an action including Flank..
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

As you slide down the Bannister of Life, may the Splinters be kind...
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Flank Test

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:49 pm

Brightblade wrote:Rob,

Could a unit under Flank orders and in the Generals Command use the Generals Authority for the Flank Test when they want to join the Battle?

The Rules say they can use their commanders Authority if they are a flanking commander whether they are on or off the battlefield.

No, because the flanking unit is outside the general's command range.

Brightblade wrote:The General is on the General order so can technically use any order type for an action including Flank..

I'm pretty sure generals can't leave the battlefield voluntarily, nor start the battle off the battlefield... I can't remember where I've put this, but if it's not there, it should be. Generals can't be given FLANK or SCOUT orders. I think I may have to errata this.

Cheers
Rob
Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:58 pm

So If I took Eadric Thegn on Horseback as my General, on Horseback he has the Flanker attribute, could my flanking units then use his authority for the Flank Test?
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

As you slide down the Bannister of Life, may the Splinters be kind...
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:54 pm

Brightblade wrote:So If I took Eadric Thegn on Horseback as my General, on Horseback he has the Flanker attribute, could my flanking units then use his authority for the Flank Test?

Er... no, because the flanking unit is outside the general's command range.

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”