Hoofbeats

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
Crazyguy501
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:09 pm

Hoofbeats

Postby Crazyguy501 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:33 pm

So I’ve a couple of questions about the Invocation Hoofbeats which is a Cursed Herd spell

Firstly as it’s treated as a ‘Run’ action if it were cast on say a Tarvax unit for example, due to their Feral status would you still have to engage with towards the closest enemy models? Or could it be used to manuver them as if not compelled by Feral. (Wonderful way outflank with frenzied units :D )

Secondly as the Invocation is a ‘Run’ action, would this effect the Gabrax Warlocks ‘Tolerance’. As an invocation was cast and then a ‘Run’ action made this would make the Tolerance rating at 3 for the battle hour, is this correct?

Thanks
James
antoine
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:00 pm

Re: Hoofbeats

Postby antoine » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:58 pm

From what I read in the Muster, it states "disregarding of it's current vigour state " for the run action requirements, and no"disregarding of it's acuity ", so a feral unit that runs, do so towards the closest ennemie.
Considering the second question, you're right, nothing states that this run action doesn't count in tolerance terms.
When they take precedence over usual rules, the spells state it clearly.
And if the text should have stated it but do not, Rob will tell us...;-)
User avatar
Rob Lane
Site Admin
Posts: 2185
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Warsop Vale, Nottinghamshire
Contact:

Re: Hoofbeats

Postby Rob Lane » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:27 am

Crazyguy501 wrote:So I’ve a couple of questions about the Invocation Hoofbeats which is a Cursed Herd spell

Firstly as it’s treated as a ‘Run’ action if it were cast on say a Tarvax unit for example, due to their Feral status would you still have to engage with towards the closest enemy models? Or could it be used to manuver them as if not compelled by Feral. (Wonderful way outflank with frenzied units :D )


No, it's a Run action, so it would work just as a normal Run action for a frenzied unit (except for the 2D10 Move).

Crazyguy501 wrote:Secondly as the Invocation is a ‘Run’ action, would this effect the Gabrax Warlocks ‘Tolerance’. As an invocation was cast and then a ‘Run’ action made this would make the Tolerance rating at 3 for the battle hour, is this correct?

Thanks
James


I'm not quite sure what you mean - he will have used 1 of his tolerance when he performs the Invoke action...?

Cheers
Rob
Jonathon Chester
Posts: 976
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:09 am

Re: Hoofbeats

Postby Jonathon Chester » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:02 am

Rob Lane wrote:
Crazyguy501 wrote:So I’ve a couple of questions about the Invocation Hoofbeats which is a Cursed Herd spell

Firstly as it’s treated as a ‘Run’ action if it were cast on say a Tarvax unit for example, due to their Feral status would you still have to engage with towards the closest enemy models? Or could it be used to manuver them as if not compelled by Feral. (Wonderful way outflank with frenzied units :D )


No, it's a Run action, so it would work just as a normal Run action for a frenzied unit (except for the 2D10 Move).

Crazyguy501 wrote:Secondly as the Invocation is a ‘Run’ action, would this effect the Gabrax Warlocks ‘Tolerance’. As an invocation was cast and then a ‘Run’ action made this would make the Tolerance rating at 3 for the battle hour, is this correct?

Thanks
James


I'm not quite sure what you mean - he will have used 1 of his tolerance when he performs the Invoke action...?

Cheers
Rob


I believe Rob, James was wondering if after Castro g the spell the wizard has 2 tolerance remaining from 3 does the run action the spell causes you to to use the other 2 tolerance as it was a run action.
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2018 - 127/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2019 - 71/100
User avatar
Rob Lane
Site Admin
Posts: 2185
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Warsop Vale, Nottinghamshire
Contact:

Re: Hoofbeats

Postby Rob Lane » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:08 am

Jonathon Chester wrote:I believe Rob, James was wondering if after Castro g the spell the wizard has 2 tolerance remaining from 3 does the run action the spell causes you to to use the other 2 tolerance as it was a run action.


Ah right. In that case, nope. Tolerance only covers how many Invokes the sorcerer performs and has nothing to do with invocation effects.

Cheers
Rob
Crazyguy501
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:09 pm

Re: Hoofbeats

Postby Crazyguy501 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:28 am

Crazyguy501 wrote:Secondly as the Invocation is a ‘Run’ action, would this effect the Gabrax Warlocks ‘Tolerance’. As an invocation was cast and then a ‘Run’ action made this would make the Tolerance rating at 3 for the battle hour, is this correct?

Thanks
James


I'm not quite sure what you mean - he will have used 1 of his tolerance when he performs the Invoke action...?

Cheers
Rob[/quote]

So you’ll have to forgive me I don’t have the book on hand as I’m at work. But as I recall, Tolerance also effects when you move? Yes 1 would be used when casting the spell, but if you move up to pace (due to Hoofbeats) that’s 1 Tolerance or up to twice your pace that’s 2 Tolerance. Unless I’m getting this mixed up with Invocation modifiers?

Thanks
James
Crazyguy501
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:09 pm

Re: Hoofbeats

Postby Crazyguy501 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:29 am

Rob Lane wrote:
Jonathon Chester wrote:I believe Rob, James was wondering if after Castro g the spell the wizard has 2 tolerance remaining from 3 does the run action the spell causes you to to use the other 2 tolerance as it was a run action.


Ah right. In that case, nope. Tolerance only covers how many Invokes the sorcerer performs and has nothing to do with invocation effects.

Cheers
Rob


Ahh superb you’ve already answered ignore my reply

Thanks
James
User avatar
Rob Lane
Site Admin
Posts: 2185
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Warsop Vale, Nottinghamshire
Contact:

Re: Hoofbeats

Postby Rob Lane » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:31 pm

Crazyguy501 wrote:Ahh superb you’ve already answered ignore my reply

Thanks
James


Hi James

Ah I see what you're getting at. The Tarvax unit is the one that has the Run action, so no, it wouldn't affect the sorcerer.

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests