Walk under Attack order

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
Icchan

Walk under Attack order

Postby Icchan » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:10 am

In 6.2.2.2 under Walk Action it says that Walkers under Attack orders can only Change Direction to face an enemy unit, does this effectively turn the Walk move into a Direct move?
If it is a direct move and there's an impassable obstacle (terrain, bigger friendly warrior, etc.) that they can't walk through, are they allowed/forced to move around the obstacle or is their move stopped at the edge of the obstacle?
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Walk under Attack order

Postby Rob Lane » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:35 am

Icchan wrote:In 6.2.2.2 under Walk Action it says that Walkers under Attack orders can only Change Direction to face an enemy unit, does this effectively turn the Walk move into a Direct move?

Not quite, you can change direction of course as long as you're pointing at an enemy.

Icchan wrote:If it is a direct move and there's an impassable obstacle (terrain, bigger friendly warrior, etc.) that they can't walk through, are they allowed/forced to move around the obstacle or is their move stopped at the edge of the obstacle?

See above... but they can always move around anything in the way, as long as they end up facing the enemy.

Cheers
Rob
Icchan

Postby Icchan » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:41 pm

I'm confused, wouldn't they need to move in the direction they're facing?
Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:47 am

My understanding of walking running etc.. under Attack Orders, as long as you end the Movement closer to an enemy unit than you were before you moved, and you end the move facing the enemy then you have fulfilled the movement action.

In the case of Frenzied units that have to Run towards the closest enemy to twice their pace, moving round or through obstructions/rough ground..etc but should always where possible be a stright line towards the closest enemy unit, and end either engaged or facing that enemy unit.
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

As you slide down the Bannister of Life, may the Splinters be kind...
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:01 pm

Icchan wrote:I'm confused, wouldn't they need to move in the direction they're facing?

Well, of course, but they are allowed to move around anything in the way. Use the rules under the Run action, 6.3.2.1.1 FRENZIED UNITS.

I think I may have to have a generic rule here for warriors under ATTACK orders... but for now use the above.

Cheers
Rob
Icchan

Postby Icchan » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:45 pm

So if there's nothing in their way, they can't side shuffle and end up only 1mm closer to the enemy?
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:07 am

Icchan wrote:So if there's nothing in their way, they can't side shuffle and end up only 1mm closer to the enemy?

Absolutely not. You're under ATTACK orders - the whole idea is to get into the enemy and attack them. If you want to shuffle about, put them on MOVE orders.

Cheers
Rob
Icchan

Postby Icchan » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:47 am

Cheers, that's what I wanted to hear. Excellent.

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”