Reacting to Attack Reactions..

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
Brightblade

Reacting to Attack Reactions..

Postby Brightblade » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:01 pm

Question...

I have 10 Gesith warriors who charge a unit of Trolls due to Pace and positioning of Troll unit, I am only able to engage with 3 of the 10 Gesith who are within combat range..

The Troll unit reacts and attack moves so all the trolls get into combat range, by doing so they are now in combat range of the remaining 7 Gesith, can the 7 Gesith attack? And if so do they attack before the Trolls attack or after as a reaction to the attack reaction of the Trolls?
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

As you slide down the Bannister of Life, may the Splinters be kind...
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Reacting to Attack Reactions..

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:59 am

Brightblade wrote:Question...

I have 10 Gesith warriors who charge a unit of Trolls due to Pace and positioning of Troll unit, I am only able to engage with 3 of the 10 Gesith who are within combat range..

The Troll unit reacts and attack moves so all the trolls get into combat range, by doing so they are now in combat range of the remaining 7 Gesith, can the 7 Gesith attack? And if so do they attack before the Trolls attack or after as a reaction to the attack reaction of the Trolls?

Yes, but after the Trolls have completed their Attack.

Cheers
Rob
Icchan

Postby Icchan » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:00 pm

Wait, you can Attack as a reaction to an Attack reaction?
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:27 am

Icchan wrote:Wait, you can Attack as a reaction to an Attack reaction?

It's not a reaction per se, it's more the remaining Duguth haven't yet Attacked and so, if the enemy comes within attack range, they can Attack them as part of the current Combat action.

Cheers
Rob
Icchan

Postby Icchan » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:37 pm

As a result of this thread I've been rereading the Attack action pages over and over again and I'm even more baffled than before. I though I had a grasp on how attacking works but it turns out I really don't. I'll start a separate thread so this won't get cluttered...

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”