Natural Armour

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
Argonaut

Natural Armour

Postby Argonaut » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:59 pm

HI, quick rulebook question (I couldn't find anything that addressed this directly in other queries)

When the rulebook states that Natural armour 'cannot be negated'- what does this mean? I can't find any rule in the book/musters that uses the word 'Negate' and wondered if it was perhaps future proofing or was meant to mean something different? It came up when a Unit of Burning Ones were struck by a lightning attack from Leiptrolls- the attack says to ignore armour, but if Natural Armour cannot be Negated- what happens?

1) The attack is resolved with the Kolossus C+A of 50 as the armour cannot be Negated but the shield can (it is borne).
2) The attack is resolved with the Kolossus base C of 40 as the attack ignores all armour.

Or something else entirely?

Part of me thinks archaic mechano-magical creatures should be highly susceptible to electrical attacks, (They are Immune to pretty much everything else thanks to the construct trait after all!) but I just wanted to know if Natural actually did anything or was just a fluff thing?
Jonathon Chester

Re: Natural Armour

Postby Jonathon Chester » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:06 pm

Some weapons have the Ignore Armour rule which works on worn or borne armour but not natural I believe
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2018 - 127/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2019 - 128/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2020 - 100/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2021 - 12/100
Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:21 pm

It's just that, Natural Armour, so any invocations or weapons that have the Ignore Armour rule it ignores Borne or Worn only, not Natural Armour.

So in your example no. 1 would be valid as it includes the Natural armour but exlcudes the Borne armour.
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

As you slide down the Bannister of Life, may the Splinters be kind...
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:10 pm

Argonaut wrote:HI, quick rulebook question (I couldn't find anything that addressed this directly in other queries)

When the rulebook states that Natural armour 'cannot be negated'- what does this mean? I can't find any rule in the book/musters that uses the word 'Negate' and wondered if it was perhaps future proofing or was meant to mean something different? It came up when a Unit of Burning Ones were struck by a lightning attack from Leiptrolls- the attack says to ignore armour, but if Natural Armour cannot be Negated- what happens?

1) The attack is resolved with the Kolossus C+A of 50 as the armour cannot be Negated but the shield can (it is borne).
2) The attack is resolved with the Kolossus base C of 40 as the attack ignores all armour.

Or something else entirely?

Part of me thinks archaic mechano-magical creatures should be highly susceptible to electrical attacks, (They are Immune to pretty much everything else thanks to the construct trait after all!) but I just wanted to know if Natural actually did anything or was just a fluff thing?

Just to say, the other guys are correct, but I'd like to add that the automata aren't mechanical in any way, they're basically made of nuclear material (i.e., the sun) with intelligence. Wizards did that ;o)

Cheers
Rob
Argonaut

Postby Argonaut » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:57 pm

Yay wizards! Thanks guys:)
Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:06 am

Hey Argonaut,

Where do you play Darklands?
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

As you slide down the Bannister of Life, may the Splinters be kind...
Argonaut

Postby Argonaut » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:36 pm

Apologies, haven’t been in in a while, I play in Newport or cardiff in South Wales, usually in either firestorm games or the Newport gaming club:)

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”