Commanders and Authority

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
warchild40k

Commanders and Authority

Postby warchild40k » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:25 am

So I've read over the muster rules and am still a bit unclear on the concept of Command Authority.

Brythoniaid Example:
I want Teyrn as my general and he has a 88 Authority. In addition I want to have a Uchelwyr Bannerman who has an authority of 74. Since his authority is less than Teyrn's we are good. Now I want to add some Dyndraig which have a 25 Authority each. Now if I understand correctly, they would have to serve under the Bannerman since Teyrn only has 14 of his original authority points left. Since the Bannerman has 74 I can only add two Dyndraig to the muster. I could add Urbad as well to use up most of the remaining authority. Looking through the rest of the Brythoniaid muster, sell swords and Albain there really aren't many more troops I can add at this point as Teyrn and the Bannerman are both exhausted on authority points.

I must be doing something wrong because I haven't even used half of the gold available for a simple skirmish so don't see how this will scale up because I will always run out of authority before gold.

What am I missing?
AndyS

Re: Commanders and Authority

Postby AndyS » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:45 am

You don't pay for commanders out of authority points as they are not 'in' your command.
Wyrd bið ful aræd
Rick_Boer

Postby Rick_Boer » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:46 am

Yeah, you´ll have 2 groups and a total authority of 162
warchild40k

Postby warchild40k » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:48 am

See I read section 4.3 "...but any commander mustered must have an Authority that is lower than the general's own Authority" as meaning the General had a limit of commanders based on Command Authority.

So the general does not have a limit of commanders based on Authority points then, they just need to be lower than his but are no cumulative. And they act as normal Authority points if he decides to have a command of his own in addition to other commanders. That makes more sense.

Thanks guys!
Murderous Monkey

Postby Murderous Monkey » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:10 pm

Worth noting that you only count the authority of the champion to see how much of a commander's command authority has been used up. You can therefore have 2 units of Dyndraig, not just two of the blighters. A big difference!
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:43 pm

All correct fellas.

Basically, any Commander must have an Authority lower than the general's Authority. They're not in the general's command, so that's not an issue; and as they are in charge of their own command it's their Authority that counts as the command's Authority.

Cheers

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”