Hold and Invoke into unit activation

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
Crazyguy501

Hold and Invoke into unit activation

Postby Crazyguy501 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:24 pm

Hey Rob!

One I’ve been hearing the rumour mill up into Gt is a certain tactic that involves sorcerers using activation invocations to get around being charged. Usually activating another unit instead to save the sorcerer unit or have a better/more desirable match up against the charging unit.

However according to The Hold and Invoke rules in Page 355, 7.10.6.4. It specifies the holding and invoking unit must only target the charging unit or themselves, not another entity (which in this case would mean the activation invokes that target another unit wouldn’t be possible). Would this be the case that they can’t do this, or is this a sneaky way to save a sorcerer? :D And honestly for all I know the related players may be activating the sorcerer unit (which would be fair), but I could also imagine it being used to save them/better match up rather then the sorcerer be the target

Many thanks

Jim
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Hold and Invoke into unit activation

Postby Rob Lane » Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:01 am

That's correct, if an Invoker is Holding and Invoking, the Mark can only be the Invoker himself, the Invoker's unit or the unit that's Engaging.

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”