Ysian muster corrections and questions

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
Grizzle

Ysian muster corrections and questions

Postby Grizzle » Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:00 pm

On the Ysian muster 2.06 there are a few errors and questions:

Kill Drune - the pronunciation key under his name is for the Battle Drune, not really a problem just an FYI.

Harvest Drune - the pudenda ability states "The consumed Pudenda adds either 1D10 to the skill roll, 1D10 to the fury roll or 1D5 to the wither roll, depending on the Invocation."

But the description next to the wither spell says

"The Marked unit receives D5 invoke damage (called the wither roll) as well as 1 invoke damage per pudenda consumed."

Which one is correct?

The instrument Horn of the Horned God ability:

"The Horned are Mine: If the bearer performs a successful Inspire action with the Horn of the Horned God, one enemy unit within instrument range (called the Horned unit) that has a combat weapon of the type ‘Horn’ immediately becomes controlled by the bearer's player for the remainder of the current battle hour. If the Horned unit is part of a mounted unit, the Horned unit becomes confused instead."

This is more of a clarification, but the weapon type underneath the weapon is used for this right? But there are some weapons that say horn in the name but have a non-horn type e.g. the Lord of Dis for Infernii has a Horn-Butt of the type "butt" however the Meat Hulk has a skull-butt of the type "horn". This is probably just me splitting hairs a bit, but I nearly misread those as the other way around.

Should the artefact "Witch Blade" have thwart? It looks to be the old profile for the Death Melusine's death-swords. And it is Melusine/Morvargh only.

Might be some more, will update this thread if I find any.
jereme

Re: Ysian muster corrections and questions

Postby jereme » Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:16 pm

What's "invoke damage"? should this be "sorcerous damage"?
Grizzle

Postby Grizzle » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:00 pm

jereme wrote:What's "invoke damage"? should this be "sorcerous damage"?

I think it's written the same as the spell sweet corruption which uses invoke damage rather than sorcerous.

Whether they should be sorcerous, I assume they should be.
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:38 pm

Grizzle wrote:On the Ysian muster 2.06 there are a few errors and questions:

Kill Drune - the pronunciation key under his name is for the Battle Drune, not really a problem just an FYI.

Nice, fixed.

Grizzle wrote:Harvest Drune - the pudenda ability states "The consumed Pudenda adds either 1D10 to the skill roll, 1D10 to the fury roll or 1D5 to the wither roll, depending on the Invocation."

But the description next to the wither spell says

"The Marked unit receives D5 invoke damage (called the wither roll) as well as 1 invoke damage per pudenda consumed."

Which one is correct?

I'm not sure what you mean, both are correct?

Consume a pudenda, add 1D5 to the wither roll; so it's 2D5 invoke damage for 1 pudenda, then another 1 invoke as she's consumed 1. So 2D5+1.

Grizzle wrote:The instrument Horn of the Horned God ability:

"The Horned are Mine: If the bearer performs a successful Inspire action with the Horn of the Horned God, one enemy unit within instrument range (called the Horned unit) that has a combat weapon of the type ‘Horn’ immediately becomes controlled by the bearer's player for the remainder of the current battle hour. If the Horned unit is part of a mounted unit, the Horned unit becomes confused instead."

This is more of a clarification, but the weapon type underneath the weapon is used for this right? But there are some weapons that say horn in the name but have a non-horn type e.g. the Lord of Dis for Infernii has a Horn-Butt of the type "butt" however the Meat Hulk has a skull-butt of the type "horn". This is probably just me splitting hairs a bit, but I nearly misread those as the other way around.

All I would say to that is, if the weapon title says horn in it and isn't of the type horn, tell me and I'll change it. And you have my permission to slap anyone who tries to tell you a horn butt isn't horns.

Grizzle wrote:Should the artefact "Witch Blade" have thwart? It looks to be the old profile for the Death Melusine's death-swords. And it is Melusine/Morvargh only.

Yes it should. Good one!

Grizzle wrote:Might be some more, will update this thread if I find any.

Cheers
Rob
Grizzle

Postby Grizzle » Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:47 am

Cheers Rob and that explains the cost of the Harvest Drune compared to other invokers. So if I burn 3 pudenda it's 3D5+3 damage, that's quite nice.

Also this is a bit special pleading but any chance her other spells could become mutable or even unstable? Buffing skill and might when I do run her is something I almost never do because it's transient.

I'd rather just cast another spell I've bought for her than use either of those.
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:59 pm

Yeah, I'll have a look at her spells...

Cheers
Rob
Grizzle

Postby Grizzle » Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:31 pm

Hi Rob I've got some questions about the Raging Terror brand after using it in multiple games.

Here's the whole thing:

"Insurmountable Rage: The bearer of the Raging Terror brand becomes frenzied and can never alter his heart state under any circumstances. The bearer, when performing Frenzied Combat Result Reactions, Frenzied Shoot Result Reactions or Frenzied Invoke Result Reactions, will perform the following on the reaction roll: 0-4, Flay; 5, Roar; 6-9, Rampage.
Angered: The bearer of the Raging Terror brand begins the battle with D10 blood-lust tokens, rolled for in the battle rolls step of the Joining Battle Sequence. The bearer will perform a Counter-Engage reaction and then an embedded Counter-Engage Attack action against any enemy unit that Moves closer to it (and that is in Engagement range) regardless of the action it is performing and regardless of the bearer's current vigour. Additionally, the bearer will always perform their Counter-Engage Attack action before the Engaged unit, not in SKILL order. Should the bearer Counter-Engage when it is weary, however, it will suffer D10 damage at the end of its Counter-Engage Attack action.
Terror: The bearer of the Raging Terror brand gains the ‘terrifying’ trait and gives a +2D10 goad modifier to any GOAD TEST performed by warriors attempting to Goad it."

When it says the bearer will perform a counter-engage reaction and embedded attack action against any enemy unit that moves closer, is this subject to normal frenzied rules?

So if the bearer is already in combat he won't be forced to leave a current engagement and move towards and counter-engage any other enemy models that move closer to him?

Also is the move closer clause of the brand a case of measuring the distance between the warrior with the brand and the enemy warrior doing the move? So you need to keep checking along his move distance and as soon as the opposing warrior has got closer and is in range of the warrior with the brand, then he does the counter-enage and embedded attack action?

Or does it happen once the enemy warrior has finished their move? And check the distance then?
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:34 pm

Grizzle wrote:Hi Rob I've got some questions about the Raging Terror brand after using it in multiple games.

Here's the whole thing:

"Insurmountable Rage: The bearer of the Raging Terror brand becomes frenzied and can never alter his heart state under any circumstances. The bearer, when performing Frenzied Combat Result Reactions, Frenzied Shoot Result Reactions or Frenzied Invoke Result Reactions, will perform the following on the reaction roll: 0-4, Flay; 5, Roar; 6-9, Rampage.
Angered: The bearer of the Raging Terror brand begins the battle with D10 blood-lust tokens, rolled for in the battle rolls step of the Joining Battle Sequence. The bearer will perform a Counter-Engage reaction and then an embedded Counter-Engage Attack action against any enemy unit that Moves closer to it (and that is in Engagement range) regardless of the action it is performing and regardless of the bearer's current vigour. Additionally, the bearer will always perform their Counter-Engage Attack action before the Engaged unit, not in SKILL order. Should the bearer Counter-Engage when it is weary, however, it will suffer D10 damage at the end of its Counter-Engage Attack action.
Terror: The bearer of the Raging Terror brand gains the ‘terrifying’ trait and gives a +2D10 goad modifier to any GOAD TEST performed by warriors attempting to Goad it."

When it says the bearer will perform a counter-engage reaction and embedded attack action against any enemy unit that moves closer, is this subject to normal frenzied rules?

Yes, it doesn't say it changes the frenzied rules, so it follows them.

Grizzle wrote:So if the bearer is already in combat he won't be forced to leave a current engagement and move towards and counter-engage any other enemy models that move closer to him?

Yarp

Grizzle wrote:Also is the move closer clause of the brand a case of measuring the distance between the warrior with the brand and the enemy warrior doing the move? So you need to keep checking along his move distance and as soon as the opposing warrior has got closer and is in range of the warrior with the brand, then he does the counter-enage and embedded attack action?

Yes.

Grizzle wrote:Or does it happen once the enemy warrior has finished their move? And check the distance then?

Whenever it gets close enough.

Cheers
Rob
Grizzle

Postby Grizzle » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:33 am

Rob Lane wrote:
All I would say to that is, if the weapon title says horn in it and isn't of the type horn, tell me and I'll change it. And you have my permission to slap anyone who tries to tell you a horn butt isn't horns.

Rob

Hi Rob,

Coming back to this one. If a host Herald doesn't have a listed instrument range the range is the battlefield, I think that's correct?

So can I play the horn of the horned god instrument I mentioned earlier, and take control of say, a Lord of Dis from across the battlefield? Since he has a horn butt and it's listed as butt but says horn in the name?

Is that a bit too powerful? Although it's a very specific case. And I'd love to use it, but I'm not a fan of 'gotcha-ing" people.
Grizzle

Postby Grizzle » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:23 am

Another artefact question: the skull plate.

"To be Feared: the wearer gains the ‘fearsome’ trait.
Break them: enemy units that have been Defeated by the wearer of the Skull-Plate (or by the unit he has Joined) must re-roll their Panic reaction from being Defeated, using their own FORTITUDE and without any negative modifiers. The wearer and any unit he has Joined must compulsorily Chase enemy units that Flee as a result of being Defeated, however."

Does the reroll panic reaction still have to be rerolled even if they fall?

I'm assuming here, which may be a mistake, but should that be only rerolling if they successfully pass the first time?
Grizzle

Postby Grizzle » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:18 pm

Hey Rob,

The unseeing trait, it currently allows those with it to see unseen or seen x units normally.

Is it also subject to other modifiers based on sight like difficultly seen and camouflage?

Since they aren't using their eyes but other senses I wondered how this works.
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:13 pm

Grizzle wrote:Another artefact question: the skull plate.

"To be Feared: the wearer gains the ‘fearsome’ trait.
Break them: enemy units that have been Defeated by the wearer of the Skull-Plate (or by the unit he has Joined) must re-roll their Panic reaction from being Defeated, using their own FORTITUDE and without any negative modifiers. The wearer and any unit he has Joined must compulsorily Chase enemy units that Flee as a result of being Defeated, however."

Does the reroll panic reaction still have to be rerolled even if they fall?

I'm assuming here, which may be a mistake, but should that be only rerolling if they successfully pass the first time?

Yeah, that's right... good spot. Basically if they've passed a PANIC TEST, they have to re-roll it.

Grizzle wrote:Hey Rob,

The unseeing trait, it currently allows those with it to see unseen or seen x units normally.

Is it also subject to other modifiers based on sight like difficultly seen and camouflage?

Since they aren't using their eyes but other senses I wondered how this works.

Yes, difficultly seen / camouflage will have no effect on Unseeing warriors. I'll sort that out in the errata thread. Good one!

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”