Byzantii and formoraic

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
Dayle12

Byzantii and formoraic

Postby Dayle12 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:26 pm

The demicanisaurius profile is messed up with quite a few REF## In place of stats

Also for formoraic, is there a reason why an untain and tain cant ride a cugacx but the knights of baalor can?
Dayle12

Re: Byzantii and formoraic

Postby Dayle12 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:14 pm

Also the reiver cavalry, both hunters and normal

Could they both be given the skirmisher rule, do to them being less likely to form a cohesive unit as opposed to the likes of the riders of baalor,
Could they also have the option to have a spear, or some form of charge+ weapon,

And the hunters could they see an increase in shoot dice, 1 dice per warrior to a max unit size of 10 seems a little short, particularly as their supposed to be skilled horse bowmen i mean quick shot would be nice too
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:52 am

Dayle12 wrote:The demicanisaurius profile is messed up with quite a few REF## In place of stats

Yeah, will fix. That happens when I change over versions - it refers to the wrong version each time. Usually I pick that up, thanks.

Dayle12 wrote:Also for formoraic, is there a reason why an untain and tain cant ride a cugacx but the knights of baalor can?

Not really, just a mistake I guess. I'll fix that in v2.08.

Dayle12 wrote:Also the reiver cavalry, both hunters and normal

Could they both be given the skirmisher rule, do to them being less likely to form a cohesive unit as opposed to the likes of the riders of baalor,

Hm. Interesting idea. Maybe.

Dayle12 wrote:Could they also have the option to have a spear, or some form of charge+ weapon,

No - they're meant to be different to the other cavalry. Light cavalry, basically. Plus the reivers don't use spears.

Dayle12 wrote:And the hunters could they see an increase in shoot dice, 1 dice per warrior to a max unit size of 10 seems a little short, particularly as their supposed to be skilled horse bowmen i mean quick shot would be nice too

Making them skirmishers may be what marks them out; there's no real reason to make them quick shot in reality. They're 7 silver each - mobile light cavalry. I like the idea of making them skirmishers though. Will do that.

I'll reiterate: the reiver horse are meant to be light cavalry, not able to charge into anything and win. They're snipers, annoying buggers, able to get around the flanks and kill wizards or bowmen and things like that.

Cheers
Rob
Dayle12

Postby Dayle12 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:46 pm

Hey think you might have missed my point on the last bit on my last post in the forums, wasnt asking for attack dice, and wouldnt expect reiver horsebowmen to murder things in combat,

But maybe an extra shot dice

Because 10 dudes with 1 shot each arent gonna kill a thing
(I know theorylands) but most infantry who there more likely to target are now higher skill like 50s minimum as i cant think of a single infantry unit besides slaves who are skill 40 now (human infantry that is)

So 10 shots at 1 bracket above hitting on 6's (no fated) and if moved 7's, 4 hit, most will probably parry on 6's roughly so on average probably 2 wounds per shoot action, not worth a 70 silver unit really and the return fire from another ranged unit will usually kill 3/4 before taking into account nobles and artefacts

And if you up their skill to 50 with the upgrade suddenly its a 100 silver unit, they just seem a little lack lustre,

Also did the reivers get the human skill buff? As their skill is actually quite low for humans
Dayle12

Postby Dayle12 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:49 pm

Oh and just another little bit, the reiver hunter horsemen are better in combat than they are shooting,

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”