A few question

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
hdma

A few question

Postby hdma » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:45 pm

Hi MM,

I have a few question with the updated quickstarter rule

Have the ability Fearsome, Terrify and Fearless any effect in the quickstarter rules?

Is the parry ability cumulable?

With the new quickstarter rule only having blind strike in the warrior profile prevent defender to be hit by an easy strike when attacked from blind arc, why this occur even if the warrior has a sightless strike in the profile that can strike target in blind arc?

How i can define easy target and difficult target during a shooting action

Cheers

Marco
razormage

Re: A few question

Postby razormage » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:46 pm

Let me see if I can answer a few of these...
hdma wrote:Have the ability Fearsome, Terrify and Fearless any effect in the quickstarter rules?

Not in the Quickstarter rules. I think Mierce mentioned at one point that Psychology will not be out until the main rule book.

hdma wrote:How i can define easy target and difficult target during a shooting action

Easy Targets are generally listed in the muster for a unit. For example, the Draackox, Kraacken, and Dainoch in the Fomoraic musters are easy targets, because they are large. Difficult targets are probably going to be defined in a similar way. I can see Invocations in the future also being used to make units difficult targets.
--Ryan Smith
Blog: http://thebeerwaaagh.blogspot.com/
Twitter: @beerwaaagh
hdma

Postby hdma » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:08 am

Thanks Razor for answering

I will play few match next week with new rule.
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:18 am

hdma wrote:Have the ability Fearsome, Terrify and Fearless any effect in the quickstarter rules?

No, but those traits will have an effect in the main rules.

hdma wrote:Is the parry ability cumulable?

I presume you mean cumulative - yes. It says in the rules "Numbered modifiers are cumulative".

hdma wrote:With the new quickstarter rule only having blind strike in the warrior profile prevent defender to be hit by an easy strike when attacked from blind arc, why this occur even if the warrior has a sightless strike in the profile that can strike target in blind arc?

Sightless strikes allow warriors to strike all around them, but do not allow warriors to defend themselves properly in their blind arc. Blind strikes allow warriors to strike targets in their blind arc, and to defend themselves in their blind arc.

If we didn't have that difference, a lot of monstrous beasts would have a huge advantage and could, effectively, show their blind arc to anyone without any consequence. We didn't want that to happen.

hdma wrote:How i can define easy target and difficult target during a shooting action

Easy and Difficult Targets are listed on a warrior profile. Easy Targets are huge monstrous beasts of course, and Difficult Targets are small, fast enemies such as rat swarms and normal-sized wolves or dogs.

Hope that helps!

Cheers
hdma

Postby hdma » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:24 am

Thanks for answers Rob and sorry for typing error
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:02 am

hdma wrote:Thanks for answers Rob and sorry for typing error

You're very welcome ;o)