Brythoniaid Muster 1.4 questions

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
jereme

Brythoniaid Muster 1.4 questions

Postby jereme » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:56 pm

I'm busy entering data into my Muster builder, and I noticed the following items for the Brythoniaid Muster, version 1.4:
  • Brythoniaid Horse doesn't have "mount only". Also, is the cost relevant for mounts, as the "primary" profile specifies the cost?
  • Prifdyndraig has Privilege of "Vassal". Should this be "Warchief"? Also, his war cleaver is of class "Natural" and should be "Borne".
  • Prifdynwocor has Privilege of "Vassal". Should this be "Warchief"? Also, his stone cleaver is of class "Natural" and should be "Borne".
  • Dyndraig war cleavers are of class "Natural" and should be "Borne".
  • Dynwocor stone cleavers are of class "Natural" and shoudl be "Borne".
  • Cawrdraig pace is 6, though it used to be 8. Also, his raking claws attack has hands: 0, though other profiles have hands: 2 for it.
  • None of the profiles with fire breath have "immune to fire", though they once did.
  • Draiggoch are only in realm Gwynedd, though everything else with "Draig" are Gwynedd and Gwaelod. In the "nice to have" department", having the ability to field Draiggoch in a Gwaelod army would also require a change to Prifdyndraig or Draiggoch Authority, or adding another leader (Dyndraig warlord!).
  • Most damage tracks are missing highlights at the last "10". Is this intentional? For example, Dynwocor have a highlight @30, with a total constitution of 33, but Dyndraig, with a constitution of 47, don't have a highlight @40.
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Brythoniaid Muster 1.4 questions

Postby Rob Lane » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:47 pm

jereme wrote:I'm busy entering data into my Muster builder, and I noticed the following items for the Brythoniaid Muster, version 1.4:
  • Brythoniaid Horse doesn't have "mount only". Also, is the cost relevant for mounts, as the "primary" profile specifies the cost?
  • Prifdyndraig has Privilege of "Vassal". Should this be "Warchief"? Also, his war cleaver is of class "Natural" and should be "Borne".
  • Prifdynwocor has Privilege of "Vassal". Should this be "Warchief"? Also, his stone cleaver is of class "Natural" and should be "Borne".
  • Dyndraig war cleavers are of class "Natural" and should be "Borne".
  • Dynwocor stone cleavers are of class "Natural" and shoudl be "Borne".
  • Cawrdraig pace is 6, though it used to be 8. Also, his raking claws attack has hands: 0, though other profiles have hands: 2 for it.
  • None of the profiles with fire breath have "immune to fire", though they once did.
  • Draiggoch are only in realm Gwynedd, though everything else with "Draig" are Gwynedd and Gwaelod. In the "nice to have" department", having the ability to field Draiggoch in a Gwaelod army would also require a change to Prifdyndraig or Draiggoch Authority, or adding another leader (Dyndraig warlord!).
  • Most damage tracks are missing highlights at the last "10". Is this intentional? For example, Dynwocor have a highlight @30, with a total constitution of 33, but Dyndraig, with a constitution of 47, don't have a highlight @40.

Again, thanks dude!

Regarding horse mount costs, not really; but they may as well be there for our purposes.

Cawrdraig pace is wrong. He's only got two hands, and four legs, but he can use his forelegs to claw things. Other stuff with claws may be Werwulfas, for example, who would use hands.

I don't want to make them immune to fire, simply because that would make Welsh v Welsh battles very boring.

Missing damage tracks are intentional; these will change over time simply because I'm finding monsters too weak when their constitution is reduced. It makes them "tougher" for longer.
jereme

Postby jereme » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:19 pm

Thanks for the update. For my purposes, I'm going to create the trait "Mighty/X: The Constitution track for Warriors with this trait do skip the first X dice marker boxes. Normally, a Constitution track will include a dice marker box at every even multiple of 10." This will let me automate the creation of Constitution tracks, unless I'm incorrect in divining the magic process of creating Constitution tracks.
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:19 am

jereme wrote:Thanks for the update. For my purposes, I'm going to create the trait "Mighty/X: The Constitution track for Warriors with this trait do skip the first X dice marker boxes. Normally, a Constitution track will include a dice marker box at every even multiple of 10." This will let me automate the creation of Constitution tracks, unless I'm incorrect in divining the magic process of creating Constitution tracks.

To be honest, yes; I've removed a lot of the dice marker boxes you see, to improve the survivability of many warriors. In other words, a lot of warriors can take a lot of punishment before they are weakened in terms of attack dice.

Does that make sense?
jereme

Postby jereme » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:14 pm

It makes sense. I'm just hoping to have some sort of algorithm to let me automate generating the damage track and dice boxes.

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”