Mammax Units

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
Raya

Mammax Units

Postby Raya » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:51 pm

Question about the Mammax in the Fomoraic muster. If you take a Mammax Untain/Tain as the general Mammax become Mainstay and you must take a unit of them. There's aren't actually any Mammax troops in the rules though. Would taking an extra Mammax Tain count as the needed unit?

(also I can't wait to see the finished Mammax model, the concept art is what converted me to Fomoraic!)
razormage

Re: Mammax Units

Postby razormage » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:07 pm

Unfortunately, the current rules do not allow a General to bring along Commanders with the same authority he's got (I guess they'd fight too much?) The gentlemen's workaround most of us have been using is to ignore the mandatory Mainstay requirements for those generals who do not yet have their Mainstay units available, or to use another unit as proxies (Tarvax as Mammax, for example).
--Ryan Smith
Blog: http://thebeerwaaagh.blogspot.com/
Twitter: @beerwaaagh
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Mammax Units

Postby Rob Lane » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:43 pm

Good question.

Basically, the Mammax Tain has that rule so that he can bring Mammax to the field with him; there's no Mammax yet, unfortunately. I'd suggest using a house rule for now, if you really want to use him as a general!

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”