Ysian Muster v1.8 questions

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
deadlydeceiver

Ysian Muster v1.8 questions

Postby deadlydeceiver » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:00 pm

Wth the newly released units and the expansion of my Ysian host, I've encountered some new questions. *yay*

1. Shouldn't Euryalia be fearsome/terrifying? I for one wouldn't like to meet her at night... or would I? :mrgreen:

2. Currently Euryalia makes a single unit of Sword-Melusines a mainstay unit. But what if my game's bigger than 2500 Gold and I need 2 mainstay units?

3. Is it correct that the Harvest-Drunes buffs do not expire?

4. The Harvest-Drunes buffs reduce the CONSTITUTION of the wounded warrior of the buffed unit. Can this damage "carry over" to a unwounded warrior should the wounded warriors remaining CONSTITUTION be lower than the "damage" done?

5. Does the Flesh-Drune need to be in base contact with the Flesh-Pile when he conducts his Create Action? Currently it seems like he only needs to be close to the pile if he wishes to increase the Constitution of the brute using flesh points.

Thanks for considering

Sven
Come visit my blog about Mierce, Kingdom Death and more
http://sendtheeighth.blogspot.de/
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Ysian Muster v1.8 questions

Postby Rob Lane » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:43 pm

deadlydeceiver wrote:With the newly released units and the expansion of my Ysian host, I've encountered some new questions. *yay*

No worries...

deadlydeceiver wrote:1. Shouldn't Euryalia be fearsome/terrifying? I for one wouldn't like to meet her at night... or would I? :mrgreen:

She certainly should ;o)

deadlydeceiver wrote:2. Currently Euryalia makes a single unit of Sword-Melusines a mainstay unit. But what if my game's bigger than 2500 Gold and I need 2 mainstay units?

Tuff monkeys! You'll have to purchase more Mainstay units with your gold.

deadlydeceiver wrote:3. Is it correct that the Harvest-Drunes buffs do not expire?

No - will change that.

deadlydeceiver wrote:4. The Harvest-Drunes buffs reduce the CONSTITUTION of the wounded warrior of the buffed unit. Can this damage "carry over" to a unwounded warrior should the wounded warriors remaining CONSTITUTION be lower than the "damage" done?

Yes, just like other wounded warriors.

deadlydeceiver wrote:5. Does the Flesh-Drune need to be in base contact with the Flesh-Pile when he conducts his Create Action? Currently it seems like he only needs to be close to the pile if he wishes to increase the Constitution of the brute using flesh points.

It does say "in base contact" - maybe you have an older version...

That should do it!
deadlydeceiver

Postby deadlydeceiver » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:56 pm

Firstly let me asure you that I appreciate it greatly that you take the time to answer rules questions during the launch of the new KS! :mrgreen: You are great!

Rob Lane wrote:
deadlydeceiver wrote:2. Currently Euryalia makes a single unit of Sword-Melusines a mainstay unit. But what if my game's bigger than 2500 Gold and I need 2 mainstay units?

Tuff monkeys! You'll have to purchase more Mainstay units with your gold.

:lol: I guess this will change with the full rules and expansion of the musters, but currently there are no other mainstay units... as Euryalia only changes the ubiquity of one unit of Melusines or am I missing something?

Rob Lane wrote:
deadlydeceiver wrote:5. Does the Flesh-Drune need to be in base contact with the Flesh-Pile when he conducts his Create Action? Currently it seems like he only needs to be close to the pile if he wishes to increase the Constitution of the brute using flesh points.

It does say "in base contact" - maybe you have an older version...

Well, it does say " but the Flesh-Drune may also expend Flesh from any Flesh-Pile he is in base contact with" but not that he has to be in base contact to conduct the create action itself.
Nevermind for now, I'll just take it as "has to be in base contact".

Thanks again

Sven
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:47 pm

deadlydeceiver wrote:Firstly let me asure you that I appreciate it greatly that you take the time to answer rules questions during the launch of the new KS! :mrgreen: You are great!

Ah stop it! It's my job to answer these questions...

deadlydeceiver wrote: :lol: I guess this will change with the full rules and expansion of the musters, but currently there are no other mainstay units... as Euryalia only changes the ubiquity of one unit of Melusines or am I missing something?

Yes; see War-Drune and Battle-Drune, if you take Ax-Drunes, there's your Mainstay.

deadlydeceiver wrote:Well, it does say " but the Flesh-Drune may also expend Flesh from any Flesh-Pile he is in base contact with" but not that he has to be in base contact to conduct the create action itself.
Nevermind for now, I'll just take it as "has to be in base contact".

I confess I thought it was pretty clear - you can only perform the Create action if you have Flesh, and so you need to be in contact with the Flesh-Pile... or am I missing something?

Cheers
deadlydeceiver

Postby deadlydeceiver » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:07 pm

Rob Lane wrote:Ah stop it! It's my job to answer these questions...

Stop denying your greatness ^^

Rob Lane wrote:Yes; see War-Drune and Battle-Drune, if you take Ax-Drunes, there's your Mainstay.

Ahh, now we get to the core of it!
If I'm correct a War-/Battle-Drune needs to be the host's general to make Ax-Drunes Mainstay, just as Euryalia needs to be the general to make one unit of Melusines Mainstay.
Of course with her authority of 99 Euryialia must always be the general --> only 1 Mainstay unit, right?

Rob Lane wrote:I confess I thought it was pretty clear - you can only perform the Create action if you have Flesh, and so you need to be in contact with the Flesh-Pile... or am I missing something?

...ok Rob, please ignore that I ever asked this question... I cannot believe how I missed "from any Flesh-Pile in base contact" all the time... this is sooo embarassing :oops:
Let's change the subject on this: Can I crate more than once per hour? (3 stamina makes me think: no)
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:48 pm

deadlydeceiver wrote:Ahh, now we get to the core of it!
If I'm correct a War-/Battle-Drune needs to be the host's general to make Ax-Drunes Mainstay, just as Euryalia needs to be the general to make one unit of Melusines Mainstay.
Of course with her authority of 99 Euryialia must always be the general --> only 1 Mainstay unit, right?

Aye, that's correct; in the next iteration of the profiles, I will be ensuring Warchiefs (such as Battle-Drune) that are commanders make Ax-Drunes Mainstay. It's something I've been looking at for a while, and as we unlock more unit types this kind of thing becomes more feasible. Thegns -> Duguth, Uchelwyr -> Teulu, etc.

deadlydeceiver wrote:...ok Rob, please ignore that I ever asked this question... I cannot believe how I missed "from any Flesh-Pile in base contact" all the time... this is sooo embarassing :oops:
Let's change the subject on this: Can I crate more than once per hour? (3 stamina makes me think: no)

Hehe... Most invocations can only be cast once per hour, so no.

Cheers

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”