differents rules

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
smeagol98

differents rules

Postby smeagol98 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:09 pm

Hello,
can you help me please I have some questions with the rules :

- What is the difference with "sightless", "blind" and "unsighted" ? (for the strike sight for example)
- Can you give me an example with rolls of 1, 4 and 9 in the Slow Move Roll (with a PACE of 5)
- I don't understant the meaning of a "negated" weapon
- You tell "the minimun attack or shoot dice any warrior may have is still 1" and "the attack or shoot dice of a particular weapon can reduce to 0". If the warrior takes a lot of damage and has only one weapon, the attack/shoot dice of this weapon can be reduce to 0 ??
- In the paragraph 7.3.1.3 the run/walk action after a shot/invoke is a difficult move but in the paragraph 9.4 it is a slow move. What is the correct penalty ?
- I don't understant the sentences "every 3" further than effective range of the shot weapon the Target warrior lies" and "every 3" closer than lethal range of the shot weapon the target warrior lies" (for shot and invoke).
- For the wound modifier 1D10, do we have to roll and add them after having rolled the wound dices or before ?
Can you explain me ? do you have an example to give me ?

Thanks a lot and sorry for my english :)
smeagol98

Re: differents rules

Postby smeagol98 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:43 am

Any one can help me ??
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:32 am

I will answer this tomorrow Laurent... I've been very busy recently!
Rick_Boer

Postby Rick_Boer » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:34 am

Hey Smeagol,

Just asked Rob and he will (try to) answer everything tomorrow ;)
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:12 pm

smeagol98 wrote:Hello,
can you help me please I have some questions with the rules :

No problem!

smeagol98 wrote:- What is the difference with "sightless", "blind" and "unsighted" ? (for the strike sight for example)

If you are talking about strikes, this is explained clearly in the QuickStarter Rules.

STRIKE SIGHT
Some strikes, by their very nature, are restricted by the sight of the warrior resolving the Attack. All strike sight rules are combined with a strike's type.
SIGHTED STRIKES
Sight Strikes
Strikes by any weapon, unless otherwise noted, are sight strikes and may only be performed against Attacked warriors in an Attacker's sight arc. A sight strike is also a sighted strike.
SIGHTLESS STRIKES
Sightless Strikes
Some Attackers or weapons can strike against any Attacked warrior within attack range, regardless of what the Attacker can see. These are called sightless strikes and may be performed against Attacked warriors in either sight or blind arcs.
Blind Strikes
Blind strikes may only be performed against Attacked warriors in an Attacker's blind arc, within attack range of the weapon that allows this of course. Blind strikes are not difficult strikes. A blind strike is also a sightless strike.
UNSIGHTED STRIKES
Unsighted Strikes
Warriors that are unsighted may only make unsighted strikes, even if they are entitled to sightless or blind strikes. Unsighted strikes may be performed against Attacked warriors in either sight or blind arcs, but will always be difficult strikes.

Or do you mean something else?

smeagol98 wrote:- Can you give me an example with rolls of 1, 4 and 9 in the Slow Move Roll (with a PACE of 5)

Remember that Slow Moves and Difficult Moves are applied to your remaining movement, not to your PACE value. Regardless, if you have 5" remaining:

1 - a quarter of 5", so 1.25"
4 - half of 5", so 2.5"
9 - three-quarters of 5", so 3.75"

smeagol98 wrote:- I don't understant the meaning of a "negated" weapon

It means, a weapon that cannot be used in some way.

smeagol98 wrote:- You tell "the minimun attack or shoot dice any warrior may have is still 1" and "the attack or shoot dice of a particular weapon can reduce to 0". If the warrior takes a lot of damage and has only one weapon, the attack/shoot dice of this weapon can be reduce to 0 ??

Basically, a warrior CANNOT have 0 attack dice across all of its weapons, but one weapon can reduce to 0. So you could have something with a Club with 1 attack die, and his Trample on 0 attack die.

If a warrior only has one weapon, it cannot be reduced to 0, it will always stay as a minimum of 1 attack die.

smeagol98 wrote:- In the paragraph 7.3.1.3 the run/walk action after a shot/invoke is a difficult move but in the paragraph 9.4 it is a slow move. What is the correct penalty ?

Ahh.... this threw me until I realised we were talking about QS rules. It's a Slow Move.

smeagol98 wrote:- I don't understant the sentences "every 3" further than effective range of the shot weapon the Target warrior lies" and "every 3" closer than lethal range of the shot weapon the target warrior lies" (for shot and invoke).

Okay. Basically, if a shot weapon has an effective range of 30", and the target is 31" away, +1 is applied to the shoot value; for every 3" further than 30" (so 33", 36", etc.), the shoot value is also increased by +1.

Similarly, if a shot weapon has a lethal range of 9", and the target is 7" away, -1 is applied to the shoot value.

Same with invocations.

smeagol98 wrote:- For the wound modifier 1D10, do we have to roll and add them after having rolled the wound dices or before ?

1D10 is basically an extra wound dice per wound dice caused.

So if your weapon has caused 3 wound dice, you roll 6 wound dice if that weapon has a 1D10 Wound+ modifier.

Hope that helps!

smeagol98 wrote:Can you explain me ? do you have an example to give me ?

Thanks a lot and sorry for my english :)

Don't worry, it's a lot better than my French ;o)

Cheers
smeagol98

Postby smeagol98 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:05 pm

Many thanks Rob !
smeagol98

Postby smeagol98 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:53 pm

So can you tell me if I have understood correctly with this example with Bow-Drune (minimum range: 0", lethal range: 6", effective range: 30", maximum range: 60") :
a target unit is at 41" from the shooter (with bow drune arc), the shoot value modifier will be +4 ?
a target unit is at 24" from the shooter (with bow drune arc), there is no shoot value modifier (for the range) ?
mannyuk99

Postby mannyuk99 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:00 pm

That sounds correct to me mate :)
smeagol98

Postby smeagol98 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:07 pm

With the modifier every 3" close /further of the lethal/effective range, there is also the -1/+1 modifier for the target being in the lethal/effective range ?
deadlydeceiver

Postby deadlydeceiver » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:58 pm

Exactly!

+1/-1 for being closer/ further
and another +1/-1 for every further 3"
Come visit my blog about Mierce, Kingdom Death and more
http://sendtheeighth.blogspot.de/

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”