New muster rules: individuals

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
Rob Boyce

New muster rules: individuals

Postby Rob Boyce » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:33 am

This may have been there for ages and I've never noticed or it may be new but in the muster rules it seems to say that you can take a noble with higher authority than your general but they 'become' an individual. Am I reading that right? Do they gain the class individual or does this just mean that you can warriors who are already an individual who have higher auth than your general?
Dave Fraser

Re: New muster rules: individuals

Postby Dave Fraser » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:48 am

Yeah I saw that bit too and don't quite follow it either, would be good to clarify how this works. I wondered if it was something aimed more at standalone sell swords than being able to buy characters from within your own faction but think I'd need to sit and write it out with the rules to hand in order to follow it all through.
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 am

Well, the rules state:

"A general may muster a warrior with a higher Authority than his own in his host, but that warrior can never become the general, nor a commander. He will become an individual mustered outside of a command."

I'm not sure how that's unclear to be honest...!

It doesn't state "a Sell-Sword warrior", just "warrior", so it means any warrior...

Cheers
Rob
Dave Fraser

Postby Dave Fraser » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:46 pm

It's confusing because I'm a bit of an idiot, nothing more complex than that!

Thanks
Skull king

Postby Skull king » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:51 pm

Do the individuals special rules still apply, even if they cannot be a commander? For instance, would a Tain of Baalor still make all warriors of Baalor units mainstay, despite them not being able to be mustered under them?
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:41 pm

Skull king wrote:Do the individuals special rules still apply, even if they cannot be a commander? For instance, would a Tain of Baalor still make all warriors of Baalor units mainstay, despite them not being able to be mustered under them?

Those rules only apply if the fella is taken as a general or commander, so no. The individual isn't a commander.

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”