Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
Lesrac
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:42 pm
Location: CH

Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby Lesrac » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:30 pm

Hello everyone

I think a thread for missing or wrong elements in any kindred muster would be appropriate. So that everyone is aware and Mierce doesn't have to handle multiple emails about the same.

Anglecynn
- Sleanbera & Great Hart: The Ubiquity does not mention to which Realm it belongs
- Timoth isn't mentioned in the musters (should be Thegn)
- Eadric isn't mentioned in the musters (should be Forthegn)

Byzantii
- Demiurion & Demioption & Demimagus & Demilegionarius & Ignilegionarius: The Ubiquity does not mention to which Realm it belongs

Erainn
- Men of Armhach: Not mentioned below the Maiobhanagh entry

Sell-Swords:
- Beowa & Uthred: Realm is AngELcynn instead of Anglecynn


I haven't checked all musters. If someone finds something else, please write it in this thread.
I will try to update this post.

Regards
Rick_Boer
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:34 pm

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby Rick_Boer » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:32 pm

The realms are listed under realms, the ubiquities follow the same list, so for example the Byzantii:
Legio on top and Dis below, so the top ubiquity is for a Legio list, the other one for a Dis list
Lesrac
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:42 pm
Location: CH

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby Lesrac » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:56 pm

@Rick_Boer: I know, but in the Fomoraic muster or Infernii muster it's clearly stated. And I think that's a nice addition. And either add it to every muster or remove it from all.
Phil Winstanley
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:44 pm

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby Phil Winstanley » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:53 am

Lesrac - Read Rick's second sentence again mate, some models have dual realms and ubiquities :)
Lesrac
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:42 pm
Location: CH

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby Lesrac » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:27 am

@Phil, erm yes? that's why I have said in my original post that the Sleanbera entry needs to specify which ubiquity belongs to which realm. Simply open the Infernii muster and go to SERVILE FIEND OF DIS and you know what I mean.
Jonathon Chester
Posts: 1230
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:09 am

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby Jonathon Chester » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:40 am

The sleanbera is uncommon 2 mierce uncommon beronica as per muster I for see what the problem with that entry is mate?
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2018 - 127/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2019 - 128/100
Lesrac
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:42 pm
Location: CH

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby Lesrac » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:59 am

http://s36.photobucket.com/user/Lesrac77/media/compare_zps7ixxuyhr.png.html?sort=3&o=0
does that help? Because without changing to German I can't be more precise.
Phil Winstanley
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:44 pm

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby Phil Winstanley » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:15 am

Ah I see what you're saying now. It is specified in some lines but not others.

I hadn't noticed the specification previously, just went off the top line = top line way that Rick mentioned.
User avatar
Rob Lane
Site Admin
Posts: 2681
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Warsop Vale, Nottinghamshire
Contact:

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby Rob Lane » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:00 pm

Lesrac wrote:Anglecynn
- Sleanbera & Great Hart: The Ubiquity does not mention to which Realm it belongs
- Timoth isn't mentioned in the musters (should be Thegn)
- Eadric isn't mentioned in the musters (should be Forthegn)


Sorted!

Lesrac wrote:Byzantii
- Demiurion & Demioption & Demimagus & Demilegionarius & Ignilegionarius: The Ubiquity does not mention to which Realm it belongs


Yea, will sort.

Lesrac wrote:Erainn
- Men of Armhach: Not mentioned below the Maiobhanagh entry


Sorted

Lesrac wrote:Sell-Swords:
- Beowa & Uthred: Realm is AngELcynn instead of Anglecynn


Done! Nice one, keep it up.

Cheers
Rob
That Guy
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:25 pm

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby That Guy » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:40 pm

I guess this is the place to mention that I've seen some oddities in the Kthone muster. Not sure if they are intentional or not.

-Liskarchon (warlord) has an authority of 67 where as Krokodarch (warchief) has a higher authority of 68.

-Krokodar have "Mighty Strike" on their stone clubs, however both the Krokodarchon and Krokodarch dont have this ability with stone clubs.
User avatar
Rob Lane
Site Admin
Posts: 2681
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Warsop Vale, Nottinghamshire
Contact:

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby Rob Lane » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:52 pm

That Guy wrote:I guess this is the place to mention that I've seen some oddities in the Kthone muster. Not sure if they are intentional or not.

-Liskarchon (warlord) has an authority of 67 where as Krokodarch (warchief) has a higher authority of 68.


Yea, that's wrong. I'll recalculate his Authority.

That Guy wrote:-Krokodar have "Mighty Strike" on their stone clubs, however both the Krokodarchon and Krokodarch dont have this ability with stone clubs.


Again, that's an error - I'll add those in.

Good spots!

Cheers
Rob
User avatar
JediCat
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:10 am

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby JediCat » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:09 pm

Atalantes goof on the Thauma profile, has a Oghu thing at the bottom: http://puu.sh/or0fI/8ba65317d3.png
"Be as brutal and as sneaky and as nasty with your list as you wish - Darklands is not pink fluffy communist Warhammer" ~Rob Lane, May 17th, 2017
User avatar
Rob Lane
Site Admin
Posts: 2681
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Warsop Vale, Nottinghamshire
Contact:

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby Rob Lane » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:25 pm

Thanks Jedi, will fix.

Cheers
Rob
User avatar
Alex (ÉgB)
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:32 pm
Location: The Three Shires Oak, West Midlands, UK
Contact:

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby Alex (ÉgB) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:20 am

Inconsistency on the Hippoxus entry for the Byzantii - Combat Weapon Options lists "Flail Bell" but the Ringing Bells rule lists "Chained Bells" instead.
Érainn go Brách!

Blog: Alex Does Hobby Stuff
Lesrac
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:42 pm
Location: CH

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby Lesrac » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:37 pm

Fomoraic:
REIVER UNTAIN & REIVER TAIN are missing the "Armour+ all options"-heading for their armour-options

Byzantii:
The Warrior Rules of the Option, Auxilia Option and Centurion contain the word 'Contubernia' (Legionarius Contubernia, Auxiliarius Contubernia, ...). That makes sense for the Roman reference, but the muster entries are simple 'Legionarius' or 'Auxiliarius'. I think either the rules or the muster entries should be changed. So that they match 100%.
User avatar
Rob Lane
Site Admin
Posts: 2681
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Warsop Vale, Nottinghamshire
Contact:

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby Rob Lane » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:57 am

Thanks Alex and Lesrac, have sorted those.

I disagree with you on the Contubernia though. Contubernia is just another word for unit.

Cheers
Rob
James Harding
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:39 pm

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby James Harding » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:45 am

Maybe it's worth clarifying that though Rob?
You know it means that, and it makes logical sense for it to mean that, but a line to explain it, or even just replace 'contubernia' with 'unit' makes it easier/clearer for players?
User avatar
Rob Lane
Site Admin
Posts: 2681
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Warsop Vale, Nottinghamshire
Contact:

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby Rob Lane » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:03 am

I'll just change it to unit on the muster.

Cheers
Rob
User avatar
Alex (ÉgB)
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:32 pm
Location: The Three Shires Oak, West Midlands, UK
Contact:

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby Alex (ÉgB) » Tue May 03, 2016 6:59 pm

Spotted an error on the Albainn muster. On the entry for Oghurithne Mormaer, under the Lord of Oghurithne warrior rule:

"...at least one Oghurithne unit (or Oghurithne Hunter unit) must be included in at least one Oghurithne Mormaer's or Oghurithne Mormaer's command."

I presume this should be the same style as others, so "...at least one Oghurithne Mormaer's or Oghurithne Umaer's command." or else the duplication needs to be corrected.
Érainn go Brách!

Blog: Alex Does Hobby Stuff
User avatar
Rob Lane
Site Admin
Posts: 2681
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Warsop Vale, Nottinghamshire
Contact:

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby Rob Lane » Tue May 03, 2016 7:17 pm

That's changing in the next iteration (those sorts of rules will be covered by a generic ability), but thanks for bringing it to my attention anyway!

Cheers
Rob
User avatar
Alex (ÉgB)
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:32 pm
Location: The Three Shires Oak, West Midlands, UK
Contact:

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby Alex (ÉgB) » Thu May 05, 2016 8:35 am

Even better! :)

On the Ysian muster there are inconsistencies with references to Death-Brute, Death-Abhorrent, Brutes and Abhorrents weapons. Calls them clubs in some places and weapons in others - also in the Death- versions the replacements are worded that they replace themselves rather than what they should be replacing.

Hopefully that makes sense!
Érainn go Brách!

Blog: Alex Does Hobby Stuff
User avatar
Alex (ÉgB)
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:32 pm
Location: The Three Shires Oak, West Midlands, UK
Contact:

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby Alex (ÉgB) » Tue May 24, 2016 11:37 am

The club/weapon inconsistency is still there as above.

On the Erainn Taioseach it says he already has a shield in his combat weapons but then lists it as an armour option to purchase. Doesn't match with Curadh or Ri Tuath, so I thought I'd raise it.
Érainn go Brách!

Blog: Alex Does Hobby Stuff
User avatar
Rob Lane
Site Admin
Posts: 2681
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Warsop Vale, Nottinghamshire
Contact:

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby Rob Lane » Tue May 24, 2016 3:36 pm

Alex (ÉgB) wrote:Even better! :)

On the Ysian muster there are inconsistencies with references to Death-Brute, Death-Abhorrent, Brutes and Abhorrents weapons. Calls them clubs in some places and weapons in others - also in the Death- versions the replacements are worded that they replace themselves rather than what they should be replacing.

Hopefully that makes sense!


Yea, will fix in the next iteration.

Alex (ÉgB) wrote:On the Erainn Taioseach it says he already has a shield in his combat weapons but then lists it as an armour option to purchase. Doesn't match with Curadh or Ri Tuath, so I thought I'd raise it.


Yea, thanks - will sort.

Cheers
Rob
User avatar
Alex (ÉgB)
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:32 pm
Location: The Three Shires Oak, West Midlands, UK
Contact:

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby Alex (ÉgB) » Tue May 24, 2016 5:28 pm

Glad to help! (Even just a little bit!)
Érainn go Brách!

Blog: Alex Does Hobby Stuff
User avatar
Rob Lane
Site Admin
Posts: 2681
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Warsop Vale, Nottinghamshire
Contact:

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby Rob Lane » Tue May 24, 2016 7:15 pm

Keep helping! It really does help mate. I usually miss something!

Cheers
Rob
User avatar
Alex (ÉgB)
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:32 pm
Location: The Three Shires Oak, West Midlands, UK
Contact:

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby Alex (ÉgB) » Tue May 24, 2016 7:34 pm

OK, I will :)

As I'm writing up a list right now I spotted that there's a minor typo in the Guard rule for the Oghurigg - Mormaer is misspelled as 'Mormer' in the second sentence. (I did say it was minor!)
Érainn go Brách!

Blog: Alex Does Hobby Stuff
Rob Boyce
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby Rob Boyce » Wed May 25, 2016 5:04 am

Just noticed the horse for a Taoiseach is 1g more expensive than for the the Ri Tuah, just checking that's intentional because it seems backwards?
User avatar
Rob Lane
Site Admin
Posts: 2681
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Warsop Vale, Nottinghamshire
Contact:

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby Rob Lane » Wed May 25, 2016 11:47 am

I will sort both, thanks.

Cheers
Rob
Vhalan
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:21 pm
Location: Saint Paul, MN

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby Vhalan » Fri May 27, 2016 3:46 pm

On the current Infernii muster,

Obeisant Fiend of Dis cost upgrade is listed as ###

Thanks,

Ian
Rob Boyce
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby Rob Boyce » Sun May 29, 2016 7:50 am

On the Albainn characters' mounts, barding and heavy barding don't exclude each other, so you can take both. This is different on the Brythoniaid so presume it should be as the welsh
User avatar
Rob Lane
Site Admin
Posts: 2681
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Warsop Vale, Nottinghamshire
Contact:

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby Rob Lane » Mon May 30, 2016 10:43 am

Sorted both, thanks guys.

Cheers
Rob
User avatar
Alex (ÉgB)
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:32 pm
Location: The Three Shires Oak, West Midlands, UK
Contact:

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby Alex (ÉgB) » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:32 pm

The Oghur champion text refers to a pole-blade but they have glaives now.
Érainn go Brách!

Blog: Alex Does Hobby Stuff
User avatar
Kharn
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:45 am

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby Kharn » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:07 am

Hi, Rob!
In the Erainn Muster, does YEW BEAST really have no Wound+ modifier on the Snapping Bite? All his tree-brothers have...
User avatar
Kharn
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:45 am

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby Kharn » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:06 am

One more question. Sword-Melusine Invocation:
Continuous Effect: The Marked unit becomes a Sairen unit, gaining +1 attack die upon each Marked warrior's primary combat weapon. Sairen units are Difficult
Targets and Difficult Marks, and any unit engaged with the Sairen unit that does not have the Construct or Insensate trait, and is a noble or a vassal, immediately
becomes confused until the end of their next activation. If the Sword-Melusine unit contains a mustered herald, the Marked unit immediately becomes entangled and
confused.
So, for the second part, about the Herald. Marked unit is Sword-Melusine one. And they become entangled and confused?
User avatar
Rob Lane
Site Admin
Posts: 2681
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Warsop Vale, Nottinghamshire
Contact:

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby Rob Lane » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:36 pm

Kharn wrote:Hi, Rob!
In the Erainn Muster, does YEW BEAST really have no Wound+ modifier on the Snapping Bite? All his tree-brothers have...


Good point, I'll add that!

Kharn wrote:One more question. Sword-Melusine Invocation:
Continuous Effect: The Marked unit becomes a Sairen unit, gaining +1 attack die upon each Marked warrior's primary combat weapon. Sairen units are Difficult
Targets and Difficult Marks, and any unit engaged with the Sairen unit that does not have the Construct or Insensate trait, and is a noble or a vassal, immediately
becomes confused until the end of their next activation. If the Sword-Melusine unit contains a mustered herald, the Marked unit immediately becomes entangled and
confused.


So, for the second part, about the Herald. Marked unit is Sword-Melusine one. And they become entangled and confused?


Do you mean, the Marked unit is an enemy Sword-Melusine unit? If so that shouldn't happen - they'd be immune. Good spot!

Cheers
Rob
User avatar
Kharn
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:45 am

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby Kharn » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:22 pm

One more additional question to that invoke:
In first part- marked unit is Melusines themselves, they buff themselves.
And who is marked unit in the second part about the herald and entanglement?
Should there be two different marked units - for buff(themselves) and debuff(unit, engaged by melusines)?
User avatar
JediCat
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:10 am

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby JediCat » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:38 pm

Found a typo with Euryalia:

"The Black Root: Euryalia may consume Groundsel immediately she activates."

It is missing a word between "immediately" and "she".
"Be as brutal and as sneaky and as nasty with your list as you wish - Darklands is not pink fluffy communist Warhammer" ~Rob Lane, May 17th, 2017
Lesrac
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:42 pm
Location: CH

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby Lesrac » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:00 pm

Fomoraic Muster:
  • REIVER TAIN is listed as Unit Size of 5+/20
  • Spelling of GUL-Gabrax Untain and GUL-Gabrax Tain only listen 'GAB-rax' and no 'Gul'
  • Spelling of GUL-Gabrax is 'GUL', the one for GUL-GABROX 'GULL'
  • Spelling for 'Warrior of Baalor' mentions 'BA-lor', everywhere else it's 'BAL-or'
Stu
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:10 pm
Location: Stoke-on-Trent, UK

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby Stu » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:58 pm

JediCat, I noticed that "immediately" had been used as a conjunction in a few places in the rulebook and it stuck out to me as odd, but apparently it's valid grammar in British English and I've just never seen anyone other than Rob use it that way.
User avatar
deadlydeceiver
Posts: 167
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:45 am
Location: Stuttgart, Germany

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby deadlydeceiver » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:05 pm

Jute Muster - Gast
Deadgarseax does Death Damage when one-handed, but soul damage when two-handed. Seemed worth mentioning...

Jute Muster - Tomb Spider
Those are listed as Rare for the Cant realm and Uncoommon for Wiht. Shouldn't it be the other way round, like the Mound Beetle?
Come visit my blog about Mierce, Kingdom Death and more
http://sendtheeighth.blogspot.de/
User avatar
Rob Lane
Site Admin
Posts: 2681
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Warsop Vale, Nottinghamshire
Contact:

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:42 pm

Stu wrote:JediCat, I noticed that "immediately" had been used as a conjunction in a few places in the rulebook and it stuck out to me as odd, but apparently it's valid grammar in British English and I've just never seen anyone other than Rob use it that way.


Hehe. Clearly I am superior because of it ;o)

To be honest I was very surprised when people questioned its use! I always thought it was pretty common...

Cheers
Rob
User avatar
Rob Lane
Site Admin
Posts: 2681
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Warsop Vale, Nottinghamshire
Contact:

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:44 pm

deadlydeceiver wrote:Jute Muster - Gast
Deadgarseax does Death Damage when one-handed, but soul damage when two-handed. Seemed worth mentioning...


Good spot, will fix.

deadlydeceiver wrote:Jute Muster - Tomb Spider
Those are listed as Rare for the Cant realm and Uncoommon for Wiht. Shouldn't it be the other way round, like the Mound Beetle?


No, as the Tomb Spiders are of Wiht, not Cant. Simply put, the spiders are more likely to be seen with the Wihts than the Cantish, and vice versa for the beetles.

Cheers
Rob
User avatar
Rob Lane
Site Admin
Posts: 2681
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Warsop Vale, Nottinghamshire
Contact:

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:46 pm

Lesrac wrote:[*]REIVER TAIN is listed as Unit Size of 5+/20


Sorted!

Lesrac wrote:[*]Spelling of GUL-Gabrax Untain and GUL-Gabrax Tain only listen 'GAB-rax' and no 'Gul'


Technically they're still Gabrax - they're just bigger.

Lesrac wrote:[*]Spelling of GUL-Gabrax is 'GUL', the one for GUL-GABROX 'GULL'


Can't find this...!

Lesrac wrote:[*]Spelling for 'Warrior of Baalor' mentions 'BA-lor', everywhere else it's 'BAL-or'[/list]


Thank you!

Some good spots there, cheers.

Rob
User avatar
deadlydeceiver
Posts: 167
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:45 am
Location: Stuttgart, Germany

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby deadlydeceiver » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:14 pm

Fomoraic - Walvax (Unit,Untain and Tain)
Skill and authority distribution seems off (Untain has lowest)
0 hands on the Nets
Is the flesh hook really for free? 6 Attacks with it plus 6 with the one-handed harpoon seems terribly brutal.
Guess all three entries need a further detailed look.

Kraaken
sooo.... 2 of Uuthülls arms are tentacles, the "Tentacle Whip" and the one with the "Sperm Whale Jaw". They are basically the left and right version of the same arm.
So shouldn't both have the same special rules? (Grab and the Blind/Sightless strike)
It also seems off that the "Prow"-weapon has a lower might+ than the naked tentacle...

Jutes
Shouldn't the rules for the "undead"-Trait be listed at the top of the muster, like the "Automaton" rules in the Atalantes muster?

Best Sven
Come visit my blog about Mierce, Kingdom Death and more
http://sendtheeighth.blogspot.de/
User avatar
Rob Lane
Site Admin
Posts: 2681
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Warsop Vale, Nottinghamshire
Contact:

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby Rob Lane » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:09 am

deadlydeceiver wrote:Fomoraic - Walvax (Unit,Untain and Tain)
Skill and authority distribution seems off (Untain has lowest)


Yea that's dodgy. I'll change his Skill, that'll sort the Authority out.

deadlydeceiver wrote:0 hands on the Nets


That's deliberate. They throw the nets before they attack.

deadlydeceiver wrote:Is the flesh hook really for free? 6 Attacks with it plus 6 with the one-handed harpoon seems terribly brutal.
Guess all three entries need a further detailed look.


For free? You've lost me. The Flesh Hook is switch (Harpoon).

deadlydeceiver wrote:Kraaken
sooo.... 2 of Uuthülls arms are tentacles, the "Tentacle Whip" and the one with the "Sperm Whale Jaw". They are basically the left and right version of the same arm.
So shouldn't both have the same special rules? (Grab and the Blind/Sightless strike)


No, for me the whip is the flexible one, the jaw not.

deadlydeceiver wrote:It also seems off that the "Prow"-weapon has a lower might+ than the naked tentacle...


Yeah, it's a club, not a sharp club...

deadlydeceiver wrote:Jutes
Shouldn't the rules for the "undead"-Trait be listed at the top of the muster, like the "Automaton" rules in the Atalantes muster?


Weird... I could have sworn I'd changed all that. They should have the "Unliving" trait on their profile rather than "Undead". See p46 of the rule book... will change that.

Cheers
Rob
User avatar
deadlydeceiver
Posts: 167
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:45 am
Location: Stuttgart, Germany

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby deadlydeceiver » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:32 pm

Hey Rob,

thanks for taking the time to answer.

Rob Lane wrote:For free? You've lost me. The Flesh Hook is switch (Harpoon).

Sorry for being unclear here. I meant "free" as in "every warrior comes with it and no further gold cost is attached to it"
Am I mistaken in thinking that a Walvax can attack with the Flesh Hook in one hand and the one-handed profile of the Harpoon in the other?
That's one massive damage potential for a model with skill in the 30s at 80 gold. (even the hook on it's own would be harsh)

I was rather expecting the hook to come with the net and replace the Harpoon.

Rob Lane wrote:No, for me the whip is the flexible one, the jaw not.

Sooo, why does the Jaw (the tentacle already holding something) have the Grab rule and the Whip (the vacant, flexible tentacle) doesn't? (I know you hate me a bit at this very moment :mrgreen: )

Rob Lane wrote:Yeah, it's a club, not a sharp club...

But the tentacle whip is... well... just soft, flesh... or how should I picture it?


Finally another error I spotted:
Fomoraic-Nucránc
Champion cost says Err.508

Best Sven
Come visit my blog about Mierce, Kingdom Death and more
http://sendtheeighth.blogspot.de/
User avatar
Rob Lane
Site Admin
Posts: 2681
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Warsop Vale, Nottinghamshire
Contact:

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby Rob Lane » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:27 pm

deadlydeceiver wrote:Sorry for being unclear here. I meant "free" as in "every warrior comes with it and no further gold cost is attached to it"
Am I mistaken in thinking that a Walvax can attack with the Flesh Hook in one hand and the one-handed profile of the Harpoon in the other?


Yes, you're mistaken... sorry! The Switch (Harpoon) prevents him using both. The Walvax can't use the Flesh Hook and the Harpoon at the same time. If he could, one of them would have 3 attack dice, the other 4.

Whether they should be able to attack with both is another matter and one I may well allow when the next iteration comes around...

deadlydeceiver wrote:I was rather expecting the hook to come with the net and replace the Harpoon.


Why? When he chucks the harpoon, he doesn't have a weapon if he didn't have the Flesh Hook. It may just be a lore thing, but it's important to me in that sense.

deadlydeceiver wrote:Sooo, why does the Jaw (the tentacle already holding something) have the Grab rule and the Whip (the vacant, flexible tentacle) doesn't? (I know you hate me a bit at this very moment :mrgreen: )


Because it's wobblier than the Jaw tentacle... or that's the view I took when I created the profile. So ultimately, it's just what I'd prefer it to be, simply put... ;)

deadlydeceiver wrote:But the tentacle whip is... well... just soft, flesh... or how should I picture it?


Well, yes - soft flesh.

deadlydeceiver wrote:Finally another error I spotted:
Fomoraic-Nucránc
Champion cost says Err.508


Nice one, will fix that.
James Balmer
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:34 pm

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby James Balmer » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:10 am

Rob,

Not sure if these have been pointed out yet but i'll put them here to make sure.

Ysian
Uthards Chimaera:
M+W+Ch of the bull horn butt doesn't seem to reflect the value of the M+W and Ch+ values.

Erainn
Curadh:
M+W values of the sword and axe are different but the Weapon+ values are the same.

James
User avatar
Rob Lane
Site Admin
Posts: 2681
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Warsop Vale, Nottinghamshire
Contact:

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby Rob Lane » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:39 pm

Dammit, only just seen this. Sorry James!

VALPHAOMEGAV wrote:Uthards Chimaera:
M+W+Ch of the bull horn butt doesn't seem to reflect the value of the M+W and Ch+ values.


Fixed, thanks!

VALPHAOMEGAV wrote:Curadh:
M+W values of the sword and axe are different but the Weapon+ values are the same.


Good spot, fixed!

Keep spotting those errors!

Cheers
Rob
Rick_Boer
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:34 pm

Re: Muster - Missing/Wrong Elements

Postby Rick_Boer » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:53 pm

Jute Cyning shows 1-3

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests