General's Realm

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
Blue Prophet

General's Realm

Postby Blue Prophet » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:34 am

I am unsure how to definitively tell what realm a general is. The Muster rules say that the realm of the host is that of the general.

Some of these are logical. For the Jutes, a Thain should be Cant realm and a Wiht Thain should be Wiht.

But both realms are listed for all the Jute entries. So what realm would a Dreaguth Thain be? I assume it is Wiht, but that is because I know what the figure looks like. But if I only saw the muster list and rules I would have no clue. What realm would a Licwaca general be? Is he undead or man or in between?

I am trying to see how to compose a Jute 2000g muster using the Wiht ubiquities since we won't have human infantry for a while. But it isn't possible with what is in the muster list as far as I can tell. Unless Licwaca is Wiht realm - I have no idea.

Or can anyone with two realms listed in the muster list use either one if they are general? That doesn't make sense to me because that would mean a Wiht Thain general can be Cant realm and a human Thain can be Wiht realm. I don't think that is the intention. So please clarify or point me to the rule that explains it.
Rick_Boer

Re: General's Realm

Postby Rick_Boer » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:01 am

You can choose from the 2, but then you'll have to use that realm for all your units altering their ubiquity.
James Harding

Postby James Harding » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:30 am

Yep, pick one and that's your generals realm.
Does make muster writing a bit limited for some of the (currently) smaller factions.
Blue Prophet

Postby Blue Prophet » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:41 am

Does it say that somewhere in the rules?

That makes things a bit easier in some ways though.
Rick_Boer

Postby Rick_Boer » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:55 am

Section 1.1.2.4 from the Muster rules.
It doesn't mention a general with 2 different realms, but it's only logical you have to choose, the rest is explained in that section though.
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:42 pm

A general listing multiple realms can be from any one of those realms - I'll make sure it's explicit in the next iteration that you choose from any of those realms, but only one.

Some generals may count as both though, I'll work out how to do that.

Cheers
Rob
Dave Fraser

Postby Dave Fraser » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:04 am

Rob Lane wrote:Some generals may count as both though, I'll work out how to do that.

Is that not pretty much what the Gorgon's special rule does?
Jonathon Chester

Postby Jonathon Chester » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:07 am

Dave Fraser wrote:
Rob Lane wrote:Some generals may count as both though, I'll work out how to do that.

Is that not pretty much what the Gorgon's special rule does?

His rule is slightly different in that his rule allows you to muster units as if they were from their own realm but count as gorgon realm so don't need to be allies.
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2018 - 127/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2019 - 128/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2020 - 100/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2021 - 12/100

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”