Khthones new muster

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
Special_ed

Khthones new muster

Postby Special_ed » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:45 pm

Hi all

This may sound like a silly question but I can't work it out.

How do I field a legal khthones gorgon force over 499gold?

I can't work out how I recruit common units without using a gorgonarch and a gorgorix.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm looking to start playing soon.

I currently have:

Ophius
Ssybiyros
Petraeus
7 gorgorar
1 krokodor
1 hydrar
Giant croc
Giant hydra
Please excuse the lack of correct spelling or correct names.

Can I make a legal force with what I have?

Thanks for looking at this.
Rick_Boer

Re: Khthones new muster

Postby Rick_Boer » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:40 am

You're looking at playing at 999g or higher?

For common slots, at 999g or lower you only need 1 and as Gorgorix / Gorgonarch make you snakes mainstay that's your slot filled right away.
If you're going for higher gold battles, you can look into mustering Savrár units without a Savrarch to keep them common (or common (2) in the case of Savrakontar) instead of mainstay.

But, that does mean you will indeed have to get more models.
Alex (ÉgB)

Postby Alex (ÉgB) » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:40 am

If you are using Ophios, then wouldn't the Krokodor and the Hydrar fill 4 common slots? Presuming you are aiming for a Battle size force of 2000, then either one would fill your required number of commons.

He'll wipe out your rares though, so that's the trade off.

From a brief check (other more experienced people will no doubt be along soon), you are low on mainstay - you'd need another couple of Gorogorar miniatures to make three units of three to satisfy those (or get some other mainstay unit).

Hope that helps a little!
Érainn go Brách!

Blog: Alex Does Hobby Stuff
Special_ed

Postby Special_ed » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:08 am

Thanks for the replies. That helps.

One more though. The effective size rules states for a unit of more than 1 then the effective size rule needs to be applied. So would that mean I could for example have 3 separate units of gorgorar with only 1 model in? (Obviously this would not be the best choice)

I know this is a strange way of thinking this but the muster profiles start at 1+/5 then a minimum unit number would be 1. Any more than that and the effective size rules kick in.

Sorry I'm just trying to get my head around it.
Rick_Boer

Postby Rick_Boer » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:12 am

To fill your mandatory Mainstay slots you need units of 3 minimum, as they have to be at their effective size or more
If you have filled your mandatory slots you can have more units of 1-5, your choice.

If you let me know which models you really want in your host and at what size you want to play I can build you a sample list.
Also, what other models would you be fine with buying so I can try and fit those in, as you'll need more infantry / monstrous infantry anyway.
Special_ed

Postby Special_ed » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:09 am

Ahh ok. Thank you.

So I suppose the best way of doing it would be to get another 2 gorgonar and another gorgonarch. Or srokk and 2 krokodor. That would ensure I have sufficient common and mainstream units for a battle size game.

I'm looking to play battle size games and I want to keep with the gorgon/krokod theme. Love the liskarch and large hydra too so they would be a must.
I'm looking to get some proxy models for a savrar unit until they become available and would be happy to get a couple more gorgonars and srokk and a couple of krokodor too.
I hope that helps

Just another one. Would this be a legal Skirmish force?

Gorgon rare. 288
Gorgonach common 119
Gorgonar x3 main. 183
Gorgonar x3 main 183
Liskarch uncommon 216
989 gold

Thank you all so much for the help
Dave Fraser

Postby Dave Fraser » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:06 am

Off top of my head looks ok as you can muster a character as an individual under someone else's command so don't need 3 commands. I think you need to muster a unit of gorgonar under each of gorgon & gorgonarch because their special rules. Though not if gorgon is seen to trump gorgonarch but as written I don't think it switches off that requirement.

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”