Rulebook Index-Pages

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
Lesrac

Rulebook Index-Pages

Postby Lesrac » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:14 pm

I really like it, that the Rulebook got an Index.
But it feels somewhat halfway abandoned.
Just some examples:
  • I wanted to check what Fearsome means. There was no entry for Fearsome but for but Fearless and Fearful in the Index. So I assumed that Fearsome was forgotten. But Fearless and Fearful just point to "Augur Action" - Bad Omen and Life Omen, where they are references and not the rules itself. I then found out, that nothing before chapter 3 is mentioned inside the Index pages (which is feasible, but the mentioning of some entries are simple confusing).
  • Breakthrough Action points to references and not to the Action itself (which is the last page before the Index-Pages starts... I had some 15 minutes to find it...)
  • There are entries like Crom (1), Bow Drunes On The Hill (3), Ght, etc. which simple don't make any sense

I would love a revision for the current version for printing at home. Because the rulebook is really big and the Index at the end of the book would make it much easier to use.

Regards
Lesrac
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Rulebook Index-Pages

Postby Rob Lane » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:58 am

Yea, the index is not great - that's what you get for rushing I'm afraid. I could easily have spent another six months on the rules!

I will do another index at some point - that's downloadable - but you're stuck with what you have for now I'm afraid.

Remember that Fearsome is a trait, so all you'd really need to look for is Traits in the index.

Cheers
Rob
James Harding

Postby James Harding » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:43 am

Rob,
Would it be helpful for us to collate issues we've seen here for you? Or is it easier to just let you 'start from scratch' in case we do stuff that's not relevant to your thought process?
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:03 am

It's probably better if I start from scratch mate, but we'll see. I'll probably chuck it to you guys when it's done and see what you think!

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”