Skirmishers in Combat: Broken Skirmish & Modifiers

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
Dan Pratt

Skirmishers in Combat: Broken Skirmish & Modifiers

Postby Dan Pratt » Sun May 22, 2016 4:38 pm

Looking at 6.65.2.1.3 Breaking a Skirmish

It seems that it's at the controlling player's discretion whether to remain a skirmish unit.

What about a skirmish unit engaged in combat? As the warriors attack move and get stuck in with the enemy, they will often move to less than 2" of each other. Would this break the skirmish involuntarily?

This doesn't seem like a big deal in combat, BUT what about when taking fire while in combat? Does the skirmish unit remain a skirmish unit that is temporarily out of wide form, losing its beneficial shoot/invoke modifier but keeping its skirmisher evade/avoid modifier?
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Skirmishers in Combat: Broken Skirmish & Modifiers

Postby Rob Lane » Mon May 23, 2016 11:47 am

Dan Pratt wrote:Looking at 6.65.2.1.3 Breaking a Skirmish

Dammit there's a typo. It should be 6.63. Sigh.

Dan Pratt wrote:It seems that it's at the controlling player's discretion whether to remain a skirmish unit.

To break a skirmish voluntarily, yes.

Dan Pratt wrote:What about a skirmish unit engaged in combat? As the warriors attack move and get stuck in with the enemy, they will often move to less than 2" of each other. Would this break the skirmish involuntarily?

Why would it? 6.63.2.1 states: "Whilst skirmishing warriors do not have to stay further than 2" apart..."

Dan Pratt wrote:This doesn't seem like a big deal in combat, BUT what about when taking fire while in combat? Does the skirmish unit remain a skirmish unit that is temporarily out of wide form, losing its beneficial shoot/invoke modifier but keeping its skirmisher evade/avoid modifier?

It remains a skirmish unit until the skirmish is broken.

I'll be honest, I'm not really sure where you're coming from here - to me the rules are clear, but I'll happily change if they're not clear...

Cheers
Rob
Dan Pratt

Postby Dan Pratt » Mon May 23, 2016 12:38 pm

Why would it? 6.63.2.1 states: "Whilst skirmishing warriors do not have to stay further than 2" apart..."

Doh! I missed that bit, disregard!
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Mon May 23, 2016 12:45 pm

No worries Dan!

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”