Charge + grab

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
Krikke

Charge + grab

Postby Krikke » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:51 am

A few questions is i may. A friend and I are trying to learn the rules and the following came up in a test battle yesterday.

My Kraacken, which is under attack orders, charges a unit of Trolls containing the Troll Konungr.
- The Konungr is within range of the attacks, can I single him out?
- Can i use the grab portion of my weapons as part of my attack actions on the charge?
- Do I get the swift charger bonus on the roll of the grab attack? And does my opponent get the -1 parry roll because of swift charger?

The way it played out, my Kraacken charged, allocated 6 dice of his first weapon to the Konungr and declared the grab action. I hit 4 times, the Konungr failed it's first escape test and got destroyed.
There were still other trolls in range, so with my 2nd weapon i tried to grab and destroy another troll. This was also succesfull.

Is this the correct way to play it?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Krikke.
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Charge + grab

Postby Rob Lane » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:28 am

Krikke wrote:A few questions is i may. A friend and I are trying to learn the rules and the following came up in a test battle yesterday.

My Kraacken, which is under attack orders, charges a unit of Trolls containing the Troll Konungr.
- The Konungr is within range of the attacks, can I single him out?

Absolutely.

Krikke wrote:- Can i use the grab portion of my weapons as part of my attack actions on the charge?

Yes.

Krikke wrote:- Do I get the swift charger bonus on the roll of the grab attack? And does my opponent get the -1 parry roll because of swift charger?

Yes, although there's no parry roll on a Grab attack.

Remember, you allocate attack dice to either a Grab action or an Attack action. If it's a Grab action, the victim has an ESCAPE TEST, and he either dies or lives dependent upon the result - he doesn't parry.

Krikke wrote:The way it played out, my Kraacken charged, allocated 6 dice of his first weapon to the Konungr and declared the grab action. I hit 4 times, the Konungr failed it's first escape test and got destroyed.
There were still other trolls in range, so with my 2nd weapon i tried to grab and destroy another troll. This was also succesfull.

Is this the correct way to play it?

Not quite. You should always state where your attack dice are going for each of your weapons BEFORE you make any dice rolls. That way you can't change your mind half-way through, or take advantage of circumstances. Does that make sense?

Hope you enjoyed the game!

Cheers
Rob
Krikke

Postby Krikke » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:20 pm

Thanks a lot for clearing this up, Rob.I'm sure there will be more questions in the future ;-).
Btw, i really enjoyed your battle report on youtube. Very helpful, i learned a lot from it.

Cheers,

Krikke
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:40 pm

Hi Krikke

You're welcome mate - glad you enjoyed the video!

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”