Soaring: Flankers, Scouts or both?

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
Byzantii V

Soaring: Flankers, Scouts or both?

Postby Byzantii V » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:29 am

On page 148, the rules say you can pre-position your Soarers in the sky as Circlers as long as they are under Flank orders. Very cool, I like this. Can Scouting units be pre-positioned in the same way? Page 135 says units under a Scout order can Soar, but doesn't mention being placed in the sky prior to battle. Is it an oversight or deliberate design choice that Scouting units may not begin the battle as Circlers (providing they can Soar in the first place)?
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Soaring: Flankers, Scouts or both?

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:46 am

Byzantii V wrote:On page 148, the rules say you can pre-position your Soarers in the sky as Circlers as long as they are under Flank orders. Very cool, I like this. Can Scouting units be pre-positioned in the same way? Page 135 says units under a Scout order can Soar, but doesn't mention being placed in the sky prior to battle. Is it an oversight or deliberate design choice that Scouting units may not begin the battle as Circlers (providing they can Soar in the first place)?

No, they can't; units under SCOUT orders are trying not to be seen, and anything in the sky can be seen, so that would defeat the object of being a scout.

Scouts can Soar - if they have the Soarer ability - so that, once they Emerge, they can get into the sky.

Cheers
Rob
Byzantii V

Re: Soaring: Flankers, Scouts or both?

Postby Byzantii V » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:05 pm

Thanks Rob, that makes sense to me!

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”