Breakthrough and Changing LOS

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
Dan Pratt

Breakthrough and Changing LOS

Postby Dan Pratt » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:29 pm

A frenzied Mantichora charges a bog beast and utterly mulches him in the first activation. Per 60.20.10.1.2, the Mantichora performs a compulsory linked breakthrough action. Per 7.62.2.2, he moves directly forward and off the table because he does not have LOS to another enemy unit.

I moved him off the table following 7.62.2.2.2. But I'm wondering whether the Mantichora would alter his course as he blasted past the building and caught sight of the Tuanagh unit obscured by it?

Bonus question: since the Mantichora can fly, can he see over the building at some point during his breakthrough move? I assume he would be on the ground spitting out splinters and swamp goo at the beginning of his movement...
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Breakthrough and Changing LOS

Postby Rob Lane » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:31 pm

Dan Pratt wrote:Image

A frenzied Mantichora charges a bog beast and utterly mulches him in the first activation. Per 60.20.10.1.2, the Mantichora performs a compulsory linked breakthrough action. Per 7.62.2.2, he moves directly forward and off the table because he does not have LOS to another enemy unit.

I moved him off the table following 7.62.2.2.2. But I'm wondering whether the Mantichora would alter his course as he blasted past the building and caught sight of the Tuanagh unit obscured by it?

See 7.62.2.2: Breakthrough Move. "...if there are no enemy units in line of sight of the Breakthroughing unit's leader, directly forwards instead..." As the Mantichora can't see anything, he goes straight forward. You did it right.

Dan Pratt wrote:Bonus question: since the Mantichora can fly, can he see over the building at some point during his breakthrough move? I assume he would be on the ground spitting out splinters and swamp goo at the beginning of his movement...

No - it's nothing to do with during - you decide what he can see before you move.

Looks like a fun game - tell us more!

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”