Ravaged Caclulation

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
Dan Pratt

Ravaged Caclulation

Postby Dan Pratt » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:47 pm

Referring to 4.2.7.3.2 Ravaged (pg. 127):

There's a few things that are a little murky for me, maybe they are for others too:

1) for the purpose of calculating the percentage of non-allied warriors remaining, is the denominator the total initial host value or the initial non-allied total?

Ex: 1500 gold battle host including 500 gold allied contingent. Do you use 1500 or 1000 for ravaged calculation?

2) I know that the constitution of individual warriors does not matter, but do you account for dead warriors, and all paid upgrades for ravaged calculation?

Ex: A unit of 10 infantry w/ full command that's been reduced to 2 warriors is not worth the same as the full strength unit, correct? You calculate the gold value of the units as they are at the end of the hour?
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Ravaged Caclulation

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:09 pm

Dan Pratt wrote:Referring to 4.2.7.3.2 Ravaged (pg. 127):

There's a few things that are a little murky for me, maybe they are for others too:

1) for the purpose of calculating the percentage of non-allied warriors remaining, is the denominator the total initial host value or the initial non-allied total?

Ex: 1500 gold battle host including 500 gold allied contingent. Do you use 1500 or 1000 for ravaged calculation?

I'll be honest, I can't see where this is murky:

"Any host that has less than 25% of its warriors remaining on the field in terms of Gold cost (not including allied warriors or sell-swords) has been ravaged..."

It's 25% of the the host's Gold cost, not including allies or sell-swords. So, in your example, 25% of 1,000 gold, so 250 gold.

Dan Pratt wrote:2) I know that the constitution of individual warriors does not matter, but do you account for dead warriors, and all paid upgrades for ravaged calculation?

Ex: A unit of 10 infantry w/ full command that's been reduced to 2 warriors is not worth the same as the full strength unit, correct? You calculate the gold value of the units as they are at the end of the hour?

Correct. That's why it says "warriors" not "units", of course!

Cheers
Rob
Dan Pratt

Postby Dan Pratt » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:10 pm

I'll be honest, I can't see where this is murky

Thanks. Sorry, somtimes I overthink things.
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:01 pm

Better to overthink, than not think at all ;o)

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”