Werbera Bear-men rule

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
James Balmer

Werbera Bear-men rule

Postby James Balmer » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:30 am

Am I right in reading this that if a unit of 10 Duguth are mustered, 3 can be replaced with Werbera in human form at the cost of the Werbera?

If so, and those 3 Warriors shift to bear form do they leave the Duguth unit and form their own? If so to make use of the Fearless rule how does the Werbera bind to the unit?

James
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Werbera Bear-men rule

Postby Rob Lane » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:38 am

VALPHAOMEGAV wrote:Am I right in reading this that if a unit of 10 Duguth are mustered, 3 can be replaced with Werbera in human form at the cost of the Werbera?

Correct.

VALPHAOMEGAV wrote:If so, and those 3 Warriors shift to bear form do they leave the Duguth unit and form their own? If so to make use of the Fearless rule how does the Werbera bind to the unit?

No, they are part of the Duguth Unit; if this becomes an issue I will ensure they are permanently Bound to the Duguth unit but off the top of my head I can't see how it could, but I can always be wrong!

Cheers
Rob
James Balmer

Postby James Balmer » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:15 pm

Thanks for clarifying.
One last question then, their Bearmen rule Fearless states that "a bear-man unit containing at least one Werbera warrior becomes stubborn" are the three bear-men purchased as part of the unit considered Werbera for the purpose of this rule?
If they arrn'the then this rule does seem possible to achieve as the Werbera itself cannot bind to the unit.

Though another thought crossed my mind just now, is this Werbera essentially a unit upgrade for Duguth and Gesith and cannot be purchased as an individual, separate unit?

James
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:28 pm

VALPHAOMEGAV wrote:Thanks for clarifying.
One last question then, their Bearmen rule Fearless states that "a bear-man unit containing at least one Werbera warrior becomes stubborn" are the three bear-men purchased as part of the unit considered Werbera for the purpose of this rule?

Yes, they're Werberan.

VALPHAOMEGAV wrote:If they arrn'the then this rule does seem possible to achieve as the Werbera itself cannot bind to the unit.

It's moot, but I'm not sure why you think that - the rule isn't conditional upon the Werberan Binding to the unit?

VALPHAOMEGAV wrote:Though another thought crossed my mind just now, is this Werbera essentially a unit upgrade for Duguth and Gesith and cannot be purchased as an individual, separate unit?

That is correct. Same with the Fir Danu. I may make that different in future, but I see no reason to do so when it's such fun seeing them turn into bear-men in a unit of lowly humans!

Cheers
Rob
James Balmer

Postby James Balmer » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:23 pm

Rob,

Again thank you, not entirely sure why I thought the Werbera would need to bind, I had assumed they were an independent unit and also could be purchased as a unit upgrade. Most likely just a reading and comprehension failure on my part.

Pretty sure i'm all clear on how it works now so thank you.

James
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:19 am

No worries mate! Always ask no matter how daft the question might be.

Cheers
Rob
Dunni the Stout

Postby Dunni the Stout » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:41 pm

Seriously, his just made me so dang happy when I logged in today!
--Steven Dunbar
Dunni666@yahoo.com

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”