What happens when you've got nothing on the board at the end of a battle hour?

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
HughB

What happens when you've got nothing on the board at the end of a battle hour?

Postby HughB » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:17 pm

I think this is what happens when I'm the nominated rules arbiter for the weekend game. Basically I get everything wrong and come and bother you about it on here over the following few days. Um. Soz?

So the question is this:

If you have nothing on the board at the end of a game hour, does your opponent count as having won the field?

The situation has occurred a couple of times now where the only unit a host has left is a frenzied one that has chased something off the board and therefore the battle hour has ended/the next hour has started with one player having no units left on the board. Does the host count as ravaged at this point or not?

Further question. Who's authority does this player use when rolling for initiative? Do they automatically fail the initiative test and the initiative is taken by other host?
painting challenge 2019 - 67/100

All absolute statements are false
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: What happens when you've got nothing on the board at the end of a battle hour?

Postby Rob Lane » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:59 pm

HughB wrote:I think this is what happens when I'm the nominated rules arbiter for the weekend game. Basically I get everything wrong and come and bother you about it on here over the following few days. Um. Soz?

So the question is this:

If you have nothing on the board at the end of a game hour, does your opponent count as having won the field?

The situation has occurred a couple of times now where the only unit a host has left is a frenzied one that has chased something off the board and therefore the battle hour has ended/the next hour has started with one player having no units left on the board. Does the host count as ravaged at this point or not?

Yes; you count the warriors on the field for the 25% for a Ravaged Test, so anything off the battlefield won't count towards that total.

HughB wrote:Further question. Who's authority does this player use when rolling for initiative? Do they automatically fail the initiative test and the initiative is taken by other host?

No, you always have a general, even if its just the champion of the last unit still standing - see p39, Replacement Generals - and even if he's off the field.

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”