Question about harvest drunes spell heighten

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
HughB

Question about harvest drunes spell heighten

Postby HughB » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:29 pm

Hi. Just checking the wording of a spell if I may?

Continuous Effect: The Marked unit's warriors each increase their SKILL by 2D10 (called the skill roll) until the end of the Marked unit's next activation. At the end of
the Marked unit's next activation, the wounded warrior's CONSTITUTION is reduced by an amount of D10 equal to the skill roll. Units may only be affected by Heighten

So the second part. The wounded warriors constitution is reduced by an amount of D10 equal to the skill roll. So does that mean if the skill roll is a 7 and a 3 for example that the wounded warriors consitution is reduced by 10 D10? Does this carry over from one warrior to the next or can it only kill a maximum of one warrior? Weasely question alert but if the unit is undamaged and a wounded warrior has not been nomimated yet, I'm assuming you then just pick a wounded warrior rather than not taking any damage right?

Thanks

H
painting challenge 2019 - 67/100

All absolute statements are false
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Question about harvest drunes spell heighten

Postby Rob Lane » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:19 pm

HughB wrote:So the second part. The wounded warriors constitution is reduced by an amount of D10 equal to the skill roll. So does that mean if the skill roll is a 7 and a 3 for example that the wounded warriors consitution is reduced by 10 D10?

Yep!!

HughB wrote:Does this carry over from one warrior to the next or can it only kill a maximum of one warrior?

It's the wounded warrior, so it carries over. See p61, 2.7.3.6.1: Remaining Damage.

HughB wrote:Weasely question alert but if the unit is undamaged and a wounded warrior has not been nomimated yet, I'm assuming you then just pick a wounded warrior rather than not taking any damage right?

Not weasely!! It's an important question and one I'd not addressed.

Yes, you pick a wounded warrior and then apply everything through him.

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”