New Muster Rules

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
James Balmer

New Muster Rules

Postby James Balmer » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:22 pm

Hi Rob,

The new muster rules have the option of fulfilling the obligatory core unit with either a single unit of Mainstay troops or two units of Common troops. This is a nice simple setup, but How, if at all, would Common (2) effect this?
For example the Byzantii Auxilia Sagittarius become Common (2) when upgraded to Veteran Sagittarius (Sagitarii?) Would these then fulfil the requirement for two Common units on their own?

James
demyse

Re: New Muster Rules

Postby demyse » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:09 pm

I thought the only way 2 common can be used to count as a mainstay if the commander has influence over that unit?
100mini18-103 mierce(68 other)
100mini19-69 mierce(91 other)
100mini20-216 mierce(517 other)
antoine

Postby antoine » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:25 pm

@ValphaomegaV: I asked a similar question about the Krokokh, the Common(2) ubiquity should disapear. It has no sense anymore.
I Wonder if auxiliarii will become Mainstay when becoming veteran, as for the Ceorl.
@demyse: you're right!
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:59 am

VALPHAOMEGAV wrote:The new muster rules have the option of fulfilling the obligatory core unit with either a single unit of Mainstay troops or two units of Common troops. This is a nice simple setup, but How, if at all, would Common (2) effect this?
For example the Byzantii Auxilia Sagittarius become Common (2) when upgraded to Veteran Sagittarius (Sagitarii?) Would these then fulfil the requirement for two Common units on their own?

demyse wrote:I thought the only way 2 common can be used to count as a mainstay if the commander has influence over that unit?

Common (2) is an anachronism - I'll be removing those (and probably all numbered ubiquities at some point) - so if you see them, tell me and I'll be removing them.

antoine wrote:@ValphaomegaV: I asked a similar question about the Krokokh, the Common(2) ubiquity should disapear. It has no sense anymore.

I can't find where this is mentioned - I may have already sorted that. Where is this?

antoine wrote:I Wonder if auxiliarii will become Mainstay when becoming veteran, as for the Ceorl.

Yeah, that's a mistake - they should all be Common. Weirdly I've not done the Auxilia Option / Centurion Compelling these - really they should only be Mainstay for an Auxilia commander. I'll sort that out in the next iteration... the same should be done for the Legionarius. If this causes any issues for mustering please let me know...

Cheers
Rob
antoine

Postby antoine » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:56 pm

I recall now that the point with the Krokokh was not their own ubiquity but that the Krokodarch had the ability influence(2)
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:53 pm

I think I've already changed that, so we're good!

Cheers
James Balmer

Postby James Balmer » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:03 am

Ah okay, good to know before I started planning something. Regarding the Legionarius/Auxiliarius; altering them to Common rather than Mainstay would remove the ability to field the Gladiator, Demimagus and (until the Sacerdos are released) the magi as a commanders.
I appreciate that you're trying to limit sorcerors as commanders, but should the Gladiator be disadvantaged as well?

James
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:14 am

VALPHAOMEGAV wrote:Ah okay, good to know before I started planning something. Regarding the Legionarius/Auxiliarius; altering them to Common rather than Mainstay would remove the ability to field the Gladiator, Demimagus and (until the Sacerdos are released) the magi as a commanders.
I appreciate that you're trying to limit sorcerors as commanders, but should the Gladiator be disadvantaged as well?

James

I'll make sure the Gladiator can Compel and/or Influence something for now, of course... I have other plans for him but needs must.

Cheers
Rob
James Balmer

Postby James Balmer » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:29 am

Good to know, I appreciate the responses.

Other plans? May we be seeing units of gladiators (trainees perhaps) in the future? I look forward to seeing what that may be.

Also, the Demimagus: is the intent that he cannot fulfil the role of a commander at all, as he has nothing that he compels/influences... unless there are plans for a unit that have not yet been mentioned in the muster sheet.

James
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:46 am

VALPHAOMEGAV wrote:Good to know, I appreciate the responses.

Other plans? May we be seeing units of gladiators (trainees perhaps) in the future? I look forward to seeing what that may be.

Maybe...

VALPHAOMEGAV wrote:Also, the Demimagus: is the intent that he cannot fulfil the role of a commander at all, as he has nothing that he compels/influences... unless there are plans for a unit that have not yet been mentioned in the muster sheet.

There'll be something... at some point.

Cheers
Rob
James Balmer

Postby James Balmer » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:18 pm

Rob,

Consider my curiosity piqued. I shall be keeping an eye out for any hints you may drop regarding them.

James
Jonathon Chester

Postby Jonathon Chester » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:43 am

Rob Bit of a daft question if you muster characters in a non Host command,for example my Uchelwr has an Abad muster under her, are these other characters allowed to join units in the same command?
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2018 - 127/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2019 - 128/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2020 - 100/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2021 - 12/100
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:23 am

Jonathon Chester wrote:Rob Bit of a daft question if you muster characters in a non Host command,for example my Uchelwr has an Abad muster under her, are these other characters allowed to join units in the same command?

see p292: "...the Join unit is part of the Joining noble's command..."

Cheers
Rob
James Balmer

Postby James Balmer » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:41 am

Rob,

The general can form two commands, his own: General's Command and also the Host's Command. The muster rules seem to say these can be done simultaneously, how does this function though, as the General's Command must have the general as its commander, and the Host's Command also states the General must be its commander.
Can the general fulfill both of these criteria and be the commander of two hosts?

James
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:17 am

VALPHAOMEGAV wrote:Rob,

The general can form two commands, his own: General's Command and also the Host's Command. The muster rules seem to say these can be done simultaneously, how does this function though, as the General's Command must have the general as its commander, and the Host's Command also states the General must be its commander.
Can the general fulfill both of these criteria and be the commander of two hosts?

James

Yes. Are you saying there's some sort of conflict? I'll fix it if so, but I can't see any myself... maybe I'm just being thick.

Cheers
Rob
James Balmer

Postby James Balmer » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:30 pm

Rob Lane wrote:
VALPHAOMEGAV wrote:Rob,

James

Yes. Are you saying there's some sort of conflict? I'll fix it if so, but I can't see any myself... maybe I'm just being thick.

Cheers
Rob

If you can't see an issue with it then it I'm happy, it just came up in discussion and we weren't sure if the general could act as commander to both.
How will this work with the deployment. Would the General's Command and Host Command deploy when the General's authority is due to deploy?

James
James
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:36 am

VALPHAOMEGAV wrote:How will this work with the deployment. Would the General's Command and Host Command deploy when the General's authority is due to deploy?

Do you mean position? We don't use the d-word here... ;o)

Anyway, yea - if you have both, position both at the same time with the general.

Cheers
Rob
James Balmer

Postby James Balmer » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:45 am

Rob Lane wrote:
VALPHAOMEGAV wrote:How will this work with the deployment. Would the General's Command and Host Command deploy when the General's authority is due to deploy?

Do you mean position? We don't use the d-word here... ;o)

Anyway, yea - if you have both, position both at the same time with the general.

Cheers
Rob

Thanks for the clarification, that's answered any questions or issues I had with the two hosts.

James

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”