Golgog Goat-Eater

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
Alex (ÉgB)

Golgog Goat-Eater

Postby Alex (ÉgB) » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:25 pm

I'm a little confused by the mustering rules for Golgog Goat-Eater.

Golgog can be either a Sell-Sword Individual or a Sell-Sword Commander - but if you take him as a Sell-Sword Commander you have to muster a Freebooter Warband.

As per the Sell-Swords muster list - a Freebooter Waband "is a command that must contain at least one Freebooter unit. Golgog may Join any Freebooter
units that are not Frenzied."

And a Freebooter unit "may be mustered from any kindred, but may only contain warriors of the class “Monstrous Infantry” or “Monstrous Beast” that are not Solitary and that have the vassal
privilege. Freebooter units are also sell-sword units. Freebooter units cannot contain warriors of differing profiles, but Freebooter units may Bind+ to any other Freebooter unit, which gain the Bound
Permanently (Bind unit) ability.

So I can clearly take one Freebooter unit and then bind on additional such units pretty much as I like up to the contingent limit (33.33% recurring of my total). However, the rules for mustering a command state "Each command must include at least one Mainstay unit of effective size within it - effectively the commander's household warriors - and this is called the command Mainstay unit."

So, based on the above, how can Golgog be used in his Sell-Sword Commander option? Is there some mainstay Monstrous Infantry I need to be aware of that he has to take each time, or is the required mainstay for a command ignored for the purposes of a Freebooter Warband?

(it's quite possible I'm being easily confused or have missed something - sorry if that's the case!)

Cheers!
Érainn go Brách!

Blog: Alex Does Hobby Stuff
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Golgog Goat-Eater

Postby Rob Lane » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:25 am

Yeah, he's a legacy of the old rules - there'll be a few of these as we encounter them.

I'll update his rules to reflect that his first Freebooter unit is a Mainstay unit for him. Well, he'll Compel (one Freebooter unit).

He's actually a Warlord, too, which I forgot, so his profile will change slightly.

Cheers
Rob
Alex (ÉgB)

Re: Golgog Goat-Eater

Postby Alex (ÉgB) » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:46 pm

Cheers Rob!
Érainn go Brách!

Blog: Alex Does Hobby Stuff

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”