Shocked after Invocation or shooting

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
Garben

Shocked after Invocation or shooting

Postby Garben » Thu May 17, 2018 4:24 pm

Another I can not find reference to in the good book. I can see the effects of it lead to panic tests but as it is not listed as a dismay effect I have been trying to figure out how long it lasts for or if it is removed after the test. I think my brain is a little frazzled from learning the rules over the last two weeks, good news is I think I have got a handle on them and loving the game so far
HughB

Re: Shocked after Invocation or shooting

Postby HughB » Thu May 17, 2018 9:52 pm

So what is shocked first of all:

page 233 6.30.8.2.1 Shocked target - if the units shot score (the number of shooting dice that successfully hit the unit being shot at) is greater than the current unit strength of the unit then the unit is a shocked target. Second column of page 233 - 6.30.9.1.1 sets out a series of criteria whereby a unit may need to perform a reaction to being shot at. One of these criteria is that a unit is a shocked target.

Top of page 234 there is a sequence box - VI.XXX.VIII shoot result reaction sequence. Following the sequence from step one to step seven, shows you what you need to do. If your unit is frenzied and shocked then take a frenzy test - roll on the table below the sequence box. If the unit is shocked and heavily damaged then it needs to perform a flee reaction so attach a broken token to the unit. IF the unit is shocked but not heavily damaged then perform a panic reaction. Point seven says if a unit is not frenzied or broken (so it passed its panic test) it becomes shaken and so a shaken token is attached to the unit.

So there is not necessarily a specific shocked token but being shocked means that you could either have a shaken token or a fleeing/broken token attached to it. Make sense?
painting challenge 2019 - 67/100

All absolute statements are false
DrNO172000

Postby DrNO172000 » Fri May 18, 2018 1:10 am

Yeah, there's no token because it only matters at that very moment when checking for the reaction criteria. In other words, a unit is only shocked during that specific shoot action, once that shoot action is resolved any further shoot actions would have to shock the unit again based on the section HughB has referenced.
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Fri May 18, 2018 9:46 am

Thanks for answering that one guys!

Cheers
Rob
Garben

Postby Garben » Sat May 19, 2018 9:19 am

Thanks for the replies. That has cleared it up for me

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”