soul stealer invocation clarification

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
Garben

soul stealer invocation clarification

Postby Garben » Sat May 19, 2018 9:54 pm

Hi just after some clarification on this Jute Invocation. my interpretation would be that each wounding dice adds one constitution to a friendly undead unit. but discussing this I am now wondering if it is meant to add one constitution for each point of constitution caused to the target enemy unit

Marked Souls: The Marked warriors within the Marked unit must be warriors with the Living trait.
Immediate Effect: Wounds suffered by the Marked unit from this Soul Stealer invocation may be used to Invigorate (in
exactly the same way as the Invigorate invocation) one friendly undead unit within this Invoke action's focus range. One point of
CONSTITUTION is added to the friendly undead unit per wound suffered by the Marked unit.
Rules: Ignores Armour; Soul Damage
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: soul stealer invocation clarification

Postby Rob Lane » Tue May 22, 2018 1:45 pm

Garben wrote:Hi just after some clarification on this Jute Invocation. my interpretation would be that each wounding dice adds one constitution to a friendly undead unit. but discussing this I am now wondering if it is meant to add one constitution for each point of constitution caused to the target enemy unit

Marked Souls: The Marked warriors within the Marked unit must be warriors with the Living trait.
Immediate Effect: Wounds suffered by the Marked unit from this Soul Stealer invocation may be used to Invigorate (in
exactly the same way as the Invigorate invocation) one friendly undead unit within this Invoke action's focus range. One point of
CONSTITUTION is added to the friendly undead unit per wound suffered by the Marked unit.
Rules: Ignores Armour; Soul Damage

It's as it says: "One point of CONSTITUTION is added to the friendly undead unit per wound suffered by the Marked unit"...

A wound suffered means damage suffered... the term "wound" and "damage" mean the same thing - they're just from the point of view of the attacker or sufferer (i.e., you cause damage to an enemy, who suffers a wound).

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”