Weather Changing Invocations

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
Brightblade

Weather Changing Invocations

Postby Brightblade » Wed May 30, 2018 11:44 am

Both the Fomoraic and Norse have Weather changing Focus Invocations.

Question 1: Do these invocations change the weather across the entire Battlefield, or just within the Focus Range of the Invoker?

Question 2: Does a Die roll need to be made to create the Weather Change for the Invoke to work?
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

As you slide down the Bannister of Life, may the Splinters be kind...
Jonathon Chester

Re: Weather Changing Invocations

Postby Jonathon Chester » Wed May 30, 2018 12:22 pm

Question 1: the whole battlefield, there is only one weather for the battlefield at any one time.

Question 2: I believe you need to roll a 5+ on one of the invoke dice but without my book I couldn’t reference for you.
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2018 - 127/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2019 - 128/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2020 - 100/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2021 - 12/100
DrNO172000

Postby DrNO172000 » Wed May 30, 2018 1:32 pm

Jonathon Chester wrote:Question 1: the whole battlefield, there is only one weather for the battlefield at any one time.

Question 2: I believe you need to roll a 5+ on one of the invoke dice but without my book, I couldn’t reference for you.

For number 2 it really depends on what the mark must be, both of the Fomoraic spells (Blizzard Bind and Freezing Fog) for instance actually affect a unit as well as change the weather, they both also have "majority mark" listed in their rules as well. So those two spells would be Invoked based on the Invokers vs Marks temper as per any other Focus Invocation. Thunderous Skies doesn't list a specific Mark (such as it must be the Invoker), so rules wise there's nothing stopping you from picking a friendly unit with a really low temper as far as I can tell. I wonder though if that is not what is intended. If it must be the Invoker then it is a 5+ as when the Invoker invokes against himself his Temper counts as 0, so 0 vs 0 = 5+.

Perhaps Rob can clarify if Thunderous Skies requires you to Invoke against the Invoker or not.
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Wed May 30, 2018 8:36 pm

Good point. Really, you should select a point on the battlefield, so I'll amend the invocations to suit.

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”