Muster rules, nobles, individuals and commands

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
Icchan

Muster rules, nobles, individuals and commands

Postby Icchan » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:40 am

A couple of questions that I'm confused by:
1. Nobles in general's host that are able to bind to other units, is that allowed even if the bound unit wouldn't normally be allowed in the general's host? For example, tekhnomantis binding a kolossus of bronze and then being mustered into the general's host.

2. Are units in the general's host forced to join with the general or can the operate freely? If they can operate freely, are they assigned their own orders like units in the general's command?

3. Nobles with higher authority than the general (1 · 1 · 2 · 2) are allowed to act as individuals outside of a command, is this true even if the noble in question doesn't have the individual trait? Can nobles mustered in this way still bind other units to them? Section 1 · 1 · 4 · 1 seems to contradict this, saying "Units, unless they are individuals or sell-swords, may never be mustered outside of a command."
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Muster rules, nobles, individuals and commands

Postby Rob Lane » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:33 pm

Icchan wrote:A couple of questions that I'm confused by:
1. Nobles in general's host that are able to bind to other units, is that allowed even if the bound unit wouldn't normally be allowed in the general's host? For example, tekhnomantis binding a kolossus of bronze and then being mustered into the general's host.

Good point. After reflection, no, that wouldn't be allowed. I'll amend the muster rules.

Icchan wrote:2. Are units in the general's host forced to join with the general or can the operate freely? If they can operate freely, are they assigned their own orders like units in the general's command?

They can operate freely, and yes, as they form units of their own.

Icchan wrote:3. Nobles with higher authority than the general (1 · 1 · 2 · 2) are allowed to act as individuals outside of a command, is this true even if the noble in question doesn't have the individual trait?

Yes, there's no qualification for that.

Icchan wrote:Can nobles mustered in this way still bind other units to them? Section 1 · 1 · 4 · 1 seems to contradict this, saying "Units, unless they are individuals or sell-swords, may never be mustered outside of a command."

That's correct, they can't. The whole point of them being individuals is that they're, well, individual. As it says on p11 of the muster rules: "When mustered outside of a command they form a command of their own (of which they are commander), but no other units can be mustered within it." But I will add something about bound units there too just to make it clear.

Cheers
Rob
Icchan

Re: Muster rules, nobles, individuals and commands

Postby Icchan » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:32 pm

Shit, that throws a wrench in my Atalantes list, but I guess it's better for the game overall.
Cheers.

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”