Breakthrough Frenzied Units

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
Brightblade

Breakthrough Frenzied Units

Postby Brightblade » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:28 pm

Is there a limit to a number of times in a single activation that a Frenzied Unit can perform a Breakthrough Action and Attack Action as they do not get weary?

I imagine at some point that they would or should become exhausted and their physical bodies would prevent further Breakthrough actions and attack actions..
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

As you slide down the Bannister of Life, may the Splinters be kind...
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Breakthrough Frenzied Units

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:28 pm

Nope...

Cheers
Rob
Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:24 pm

Rob Lane wrote:Nope...

Cheers
Rob

Surely physical exhuastion would play a part, at some point whilst the mind would be willing the physical limitaions of the body would give way...

And if not, then there is a possibility that if the circumstances were right a single frenzied unit of worth could take down an entire host on their first turn!!
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:14 am

Still nope...!

Whilst the potential is there, the reality is that it very rarely happens that frenzied units go on and on in the same hour - mainly because opponents won't touch them. The most I've ever seen a frenzied unit attack in the same hour is three times, and that's because someone was daft enough to charge them with other weak units.

Cheers
Rob
Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:50 am

So to be sure that I am playing correctly, I may not be of course, a Unit can only perform a Breakthrough action if they have completely destroyed the unit they charged into, if at least 1 member of the unit remains the breakthrough action cannot be performed.

Is this correct?

Grizzle

Postby Grizzle » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:56 am

Brightblade wrote:So to be sure that I am playing correctly, I may not be of course, a Unit can only perform a Breakthrough action if they have completely destroyed the unit they charged into, if at least 1 member of the unit remains the breakthrough action cannot be performed.

Is this correct?

Good question, because I might have been playing it wrong in our game where the brutes blendered through your Anglecynn.

I've found out now that I shouldn't have been doing attack moves after each breakthrough charge, so that would have made a big difference, I think.
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:04 pm

Brightblade wrote:So to be sure that I am playing correctly, I may not be of course, a Unit can only perform a Breakthrough action if they have completely destroyed the unit they charged into, if at least 1 member of the unit remains the breakthrough action cannot be performed.

Is this correct?

No.

See p208, Triumphant Units:

"If a Victorious unit has caused attack damage with the Attack actions in that activation and is no longer engaged with or beset by any enemy unit when all of its Attack actions for that activation - and any Attack reactions from Attacked units - are resolved, it becomes a Triumphant unit as well as a Victorius unit and exulted."

...and on p358...

"Action: Units that have not Charged in their current activation, have not performed a Charge Attack action or that are not triumphant as a result of their Charge Attack action, can never perform a Breakthrough reaction"

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”