Dive grab and soar

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
Dayle12

Dive grab and soar

Postby Dayle12 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:12 pm

Hey just thinking of how to use my hrafnman properly
So I'm right in thinking if they dive and grab then soar
They can grab anything up to their 60mm base size e.g strength 4

So a unit of hrafnmen could Instakill a unit of trolls by diving a grabbing them (equal str in base size)
Then link action soar and drop them on a nearby unit

The reason I'm asking is
The grab action itself says only half str or less can be grabbed but then specifically atates "with the exception of diving units"

Then the dive and grab action says " the dived unit that are weaker then he is, or up to his own strength"
And looking at whether or not a unit is weaker devolves to base size again
So 5 trolls are weaker than 6 hrafnman due to unit strength
But if there was 5 hrafnman they could still grab the trolls because there equal strength
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Dive grab and soar

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:30 am

Dayle12 wrote:Hey just thinking of how to use my hrafnman properly
So I'm right in thinking if they dive and grab then soar
They can grab anything up to their 60mm base size e.g strength 4

So a unit of hrafnmen could Instakill a unit of trolls by diving a grabbing them (equal str in base size)
Then link action soar and drop them on a nearby unit

The reason I'm asking is
The grab action itself says only half str or less can be grabbed but then specifically atates "with the exception of diving units"

Then the dive and grab action says " the dived unit that are weaker then he is, or up to his own strength"
And looking at whether or not a unit is weaker devolves to base size again
So 5 trolls are weaker than 6 hrafnman due to unit strength
But if there was 5 hrafnman they could still grab the trolls because there equal strength

No. The rule is "that are weaker than he is, and up to his own strength", and the example below it on p183 specifically states that Hrafnmenn couldn't Grab the Oghur as they are equal strength.

All the same, the wording is a little crude! I'll change it to "weaker than he is, but not equal to or above it" or somesuch.

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”