Foresters emerging, but no valid forests.

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
Icchan

Foresters emerging, but no valid forests.

Postby Icchan » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:35 am

A unit tomb spiders wanted to emerge from a forest, but since I could see most of the forest area template, there was no space for all of the three spiders to emerge on any of the forests on the board, so can they then emerge in the open? Forester ability says they can only emerge from forests, but emerge rule states open emerging is an option if no other option is viable. I'm guessing the emerge rule takes priority?

On a sidenote, it didn't really seem to bother the spiders too much, they've got 16" charge distance and open emerge only requires a minimum of 15" distance from an enemy unit. Who needs that ambush when you're fast as lightning :D
Also, is it legal to measure the minimum distance from any enemy warrior while emerging in open?
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Foresters emerging, but no valid forests.

Postby Rob Lane » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:13 pm

Icchan wrote:A unit tomb spiders wanted to emerge from a forest, but since I could see most of the forest area template, there was no space for all of the three spiders to emerge on any of the forests on the board, so can they then emerge in the open? Forester ability says they can only emerge from forests, but emerge rule states open emerging is an option if no other option is viable. I'm guessing the emerge rule takes priority?

Correct.

Icchan wrote:On a sidenote, it didn't really seem to bother the spiders too much, they've got 16" charge distance and open emerge only requires a minimum of 15" distance from an enemy unit. Who needs that ambush when you're fast as lightning :D

Hmm. Yes, that needs to change; really, I should have made sure it was 15" or 1" greater than twice your PACE (or just FLIGHT) away.

Icchan wrote:Also, is it legal to measure the minimum distance from any enemy warrior while emerging in open?

Yes. I'll have to make sure that's explicit in the muster rules. Hm. Okay, I'll errata this...

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”