Midland Players

For players in England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales to introduce themselves.
Brightblade

Midland Players

Postby Brightblade » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:24 am

Hi Guys,

Any players on this forum who play in and around the Midlands area?

Two players here just south of Lichfield.
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

As you slide down the Bannister of Life, may the Splinters be kind...
Jonathon Chester

Re: Midland Players

Postby Jonathon Chester » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:52 pm

There are four of us in the Coventry area
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2018 - 127/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2019 - 128/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2020 - 100/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2021 - 12/100
Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:50 am

Jonathon Chester wrote:There are four of us in the Coventry area

Do you guys fancy a trip up to Lichfield one day for a game or two?

Is there a local club that you play at? What day/night is it on?
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

Jonathon Chester

Postby Jonathon Chester » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:45 am

Potentially, we game on Tuesday nights from 7 at the bedworth conservative club.
Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:35 am

I might try and get down one Tuesday, with traffic doubt i'd make it for 7, more like 8. What time do you game until?

Jonathon Chester

Postby Jonathon Chester » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:03 am

Brightblade wrote:I might try and get down one Tuesday, with traffic doubt i'd make it for 7, more like 8. What time do you game until?

Until about 11 at the latest. It is where Skirmish at Coffa Tree is being held so easy directions from the player pack.
Grizzle

Postby Grizzle » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:19 am

There is myself and a friend of mine from a local club who actually live in Rugeley, so we're not far away.

We dont have much experience, although we found the starter rules far too simple, so we moved onto the main book and we're sort of muddling through. I'd be happy to pop over to Lichfield, or maybe you could come over to Rugeley, as we have a club here at a local pub which we play at on Wednesdays and Sundays.

I'm fairly busy in the next few weeks, though, but I'll see how free I am.
Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:07 am

Grizzle wrote:There is myself and a friend of mine from a local club who actually live in Rugeley, so we're not far away.

We dont have much experience, although we found the starter rules far too simple, so we moved onto the main book and we're sort of muddling through. I'd be happy to pop over to Lichfield, or maybe you could come over to Rugeley, as we have a club here at a local pub which we play at on Wednesdays and Sundays.

Wow Rugeley is very close.

We've just started Darklands too, been playing a couple of months now, have progressed onto the Rule Book, but have not started using Host Positioning or Orders yet, so kind of play the quick play rules but with added Journeyman and Master rules thrown in for good measure.

We don't play at a club, I've got a 6x4 gaming table in my living room that we play on usually on a Saturday or Sunday, you and your friend would be welcome over to have a game any time, just let me know when you are both free and we can arrange something.

Is the club you guys play at in Rugeley too? Where abouts?

Let me know the next time you are going and I'l bring my mini's over and some scenery and we can have a game.

Grizzle

Postby Grizzle » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:14 am

Brightblade wrote:
Grizzle wrote:There is myself and a friend of mine from a local club who actually live in Rugeley, so we're not far away.

We've just started Darklands too, been playing a couple of months now, have progressed onto the Rule Book, but have not started using Host Positioning or Orders yet, so kind of play the quick play rules but with added Journeyman and Master rules thrown in for good measure.

We don't play at a club, I've got a 6x4 gaming table in my living room that we play on usually on a Saturday or Sunday, you and your friend would be welcome over to have a game any time, just let me know when you are both free and we can arrange something.

Let me know the next time you are going and I'l bring my mini's over and some scenery and we can have a game.

Thanks, that's a generous offer.

Our club is at the vine Inn opposite the park (Elmore). I'll talk with my friend and see what he's up to, I think he's involved in a role playing session on the Sundays, but Saturday might not be bad.

I'll let you know. Although I'm away this weekend.
Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:21 am

Grizzle wrote:
Brightblade wrote:

Our club is at the vine Inn opposite the park (Elmore). I'll talk with my friend and see what he's up to, I think he's involved in a role playing session on the Sundays, but Saturday might not be bad.

Hey, no worroes let me know when you are both free and we'll sort something out, we normally play a 1500Gold Host when we play but if either of you are short on mini's no worries Iv'e got three full Kindreds' here with plenty of mini's each.. just started painting them too... mammoth task...

Grizzle

Postby Grizzle » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:32 pm

Brightblade wrote:
Grizzle wrote:
Brightblade wrote:

Hey, no worroes let me know when you are both free and we'll sort something out, we normally play a 1500Gold Host when we play but if either of you are short on mini's no worries Iv'e got three full Kindreds' here with plenty of mini's each.. just started painting them too... mammoth task...

My friend is still busy for a while, but I'd be up for a game at the weekend if you want?

I can come over yours or you could come to the club? I'm still fairly new to the rules and it's been a while since I played so I might be a bit slow. I'll leave it with you anyhow.
Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:02 pm

Hey Grizzle,

Club is on a Sunday yeah? What time to and from?

What's your name by the way? I'm Scott.

Grizzle

Postby Grizzle » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:21 pm

Brightblade wrote:Hey Grizzle,

Club is on a Sunday yeah? What time to and from?

What's your name by the way? I'm Scott.

Yep, it's on Sunday.

We're fairly relaxed on start times, but I normally stroll in around 5:30 - 6:00. However I could start earlier if you want? Seeing as you are coming from Lichfield.

My name's Andrew. I don't mind if you use Andrew or Andy.

I'll pm you some details for the place and give you my number in case you need to get in contact for directions or anything.

What gold did you want to play at? 1500? I've got a fair load of Ysians so I can probably do 1500 pretty easily.
Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:10 pm

Hi Andy, sent you a text so you have my number too..

1500Gold sounds good, do you play to the models you physically have or do you include Proxy?

Checked with girlfriend and it should be ok for Sunday, I can get to the pub for 6pm, anywhere you want to meet, car park..etc..

Grizzle

Postby Grizzle » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:21 pm

Brightblade wrote:Hi Andy, sent you a text so you have my number too..

1500Gold sounds good, do you play to the models you physically have or do you include Proxy?

Checked with girlfriend and it should be ok for Sunday, I can get to the pub for 6pm, anywhere you want to meet, car park..etc..

I'll play with the ones I physically have (which is a fair bit at this point). If it turns out I don't have as much as I think I do, I might proxy some with the Albainn I've got.

I guess we could meet outside the front of the pub, there's an area with some tables, assuming they aren't being used already of course.
Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:51 am

Yeah, that's fine with me, I've got lots of models too but also play with Proxy at times just wanted to check if you did or didn't..

May get to pub earlier with my girlfriend and get some dinner, assume they serve food, then meet you outside.

Grizzle

Postby Grizzle » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:31 am

Brightblade wrote:Yeah, that's fine with me, I've got lots of models too but also play with Proxy at times just wanted to check if you did or didn't..

May get to pub earlier with my girlfriend and get some dinner, assume they serve food, then meet you outside.

Yeah, proxy away. :D

I will mention, though, that the pub doesn't do any menu food, it's more of an old fashioned drinking establishment. But there is the Wetherspoons as you come into Rugeley (I'm assuming you've probably been through Rugeley plenty of times).

There's also the joint Burger King\Subway near the petrol station opposite the bus station, which you'll probably go past to get to the Vine anyhow. That's if you like fast food.
Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:58 pm

Andy,

Any Terrain at the club or do you need me to bring some? Ive got quite a few pieces from Buildings to Rivers and Bridges...etc

I'm toying with two different Musters;

Muster 1 I have all the models for, Muster 2 quite a bit will be on proxy as still awaiting the release of Kickstarter Models... mmm.. decisions...

Grizzle

Postby Grizzle » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:11 pm

Brightblade wrote:Andy,

Any Terrain at the club or do you need me to bring some? Ive got quite a few pieces from Buildings to Rivers and Bridges...etc

I'm toying with two different Musters;

Muster 1 I have all the models for, Muster 2 quite a bit will be on proxy as still awaiting the release of Kickstarter Models... mmm.. decisions...

We've got a lot of terrain at the club, although you're free to bring your own or any kindred stuff you want to use. :)
Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:44 am

So me and Grizzle (aka Andy) are off to the Gotham and Samaria weekend Gaming event on Friday, hoping to introduce at least another 25 people into the Darklands Universe and have a fun time doing it..

If you don't know who they are, check out the Gotham & Samaria facebook group, they are a group of war gamers who meet up a few times a year for a weekend of gaming.

Grizzle

Postby Grizzle » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:11 pm

Brightblade wrote:So me and Grizzle (aka Andy) are off to the Gotham and Samaria weekend Gaming event on Friday, hoping to introduce at least another 25 people into the Darklands Universe and have a fun time doing it..

If you don't know who they are, check out the Gotham & Samaria facebook group, they are a group of war gamers who meet up a few times a year for a weekend of gaming.

That reminds me, I need to get some lists made up.
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:12 pm

Good luck guys... hope you enjoy it!

Cheers
Rob

Return to “UK”