Page 1 of 2

Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:50 pm
by Jonathon Chester
Well it’s that time of year chaps and chapettes!

Skirmish at Coffa Tree is now booked and ready for entrants.

Sadly we couldn’t sort the venue for a two day event despite my attempts but the last three one day events have been a success so let’s keep up the fine tradition.

The player pack can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ao3wqeiunxaw2qu/Skirmish%20at%20Coffa%20Tree%20Player%20Pack.pdf?dl=0

If we hit the 18 player cap I can look at increasing the capacity.

Also we have an event page on facebook if people are interested: https://www.facebook.com/events/835056053494474/

Look forward to seeing you all there!

Jonathon


Entrants List:

1. John Perkins - Paid
2. James Blair
3. Nick Waterson - Paid
4. Scott Atkinson - Paid
5. Rob Lane
6. Hugh B - Paid
7. Dayle
8. Andrew Parkinson - Paid
9. Bish Meister - Paid
10. Dan Thomas - Paid
11. James - Paid
12. Paul Bannon - Paid
13. Lee - Paid
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.

Spare Player - Jonathon Chester

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:37 am
by Brightblade
I will be in attendance, will pay you next month..

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:40 am
by Jonathon Chester
Brightblade wrote:I will be in attendance, will pay you next month..


No worries, when you pay if you have any dietary requirements let me know in the message.

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:08 am
by Rob Lane
I'll be there mate...

Cheers
Rob

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:18 pm
by Brightblade
Jonathon Chester wrote:
Brightblade wrote:I will be in attendance, will pay you next month..


No worries, when you pay if you have any dietary requirements let me know in the message.


I have a See-Food requirement.. :lol: :lol:

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:53 pm
by Rob Lane
Brightblade wrote:I have a See-Food requirement.. :lol: :lol:


Make sure you keep Scott locked up until everybody else has had dinner Jon...

Cheers
Rob

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:51 pm
by Brightblade
Rob Lane wrote:
Brightblade wrote:I have a See-Food requirement.. :lol: :lol:


Make sure you keep Scott locked up until everybody else has had dinner Jon...

Cheers
Rob


Very true... :D :shock:

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:02 pm
by Jonathon Chester
As Rob knows, I make Northerner Sandwiches. Proper amounts of filling!

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:41 pm
by demyse
Jonathon Chester wrote:As Rob knows, I make Northerner Sandwiches. Proper amounts of filling!


As someone who lives 7 miles from the Scottish boarder, define 'Northerner'

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:51 pm
by Brightblade
demyse wrote:
Jonathon Chester wrote:As Rob knows, I make Northerner Sandwiches. Proper amounts of filling!


As someone who lives 7 miles from the Scottish boarder, define 'Northerner'


North of the Watford Gap... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:53 pm
by Rob Lane
The true north/south divide is that of Anglo-Danish Danelaw and Saxon southern softy shandy drinking softies.

Cheers
Rob

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:00 pm
by Brightblade
Rob Lane wrote:The true north/south divide is that of Anglo-Danish Danelaw and Saxon southern softy shandy drinking softies.

Cheers
Rob


The Celts and the Picts eat them both for Breakie.. :shock: :lol:

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:39 pm
by Jonathon Chester
demyse wrote:
Jonathon Chester wrote:As Rob knows, I make Northerner Sandwiches. Proper amounts of filling!


As someone who lives 7 miles from the Scottish boarder, define 'Northerner'


The true definition of a northerner is someone who looks at anyone from the south and thinks ‘pussy’ when there’s a foot of snow and the southerner is wrapped up. All the while wearing a string vest.

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:36 am
by HughB
As an Englishman who grew up in Dumfries & Galloway, one of the funniest moments in my life was seeing a Glaswegian describe some of my Scottish mates as southerners. Almost died laughing. They were slightly less amused.

Also can you my name down to attend for your fine event please Mr Chester. I am entirely omnivorous though may be doing a down and backer in a day from Carlisle so will request a vat of very strong coffee thank you please.

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:10 am
by Brightblade
Better write my name in permanent marker on that wooden spoon now as that baby is coming home with me... :lol: :lol:

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:11 am
by Brightblade
HughB wrote:As an Englishman who grew up in Dumfries & Galloway, one of the funniest moments in my life was seeing a Glaswegian describe some of my Scottish mates as southerners. Almost died laughing. They were slightly less amused.

Also can you my name down to attend for your fine event please Mr Chester. I am entirely omnivorous though may be doing a down and backer in a day from Carlisle so will request a vat of very strong coffee thank you please.


Carlisle and back in a day, now that's Darklands dedication for you...

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:27 am
by Jonathon Chester
Brightblade wrote:
HughB wrote:As an Englishman who grew up in Dumfries & Galloway, one of the funniest moments in my life was seeing a Glaswegian describe some of my Scottish mates as southerners. Almost died laughing. They were slightly less amused.

Also can you my name down to attend for your fine event please Mr Chester. I am entirely omnivorous though may be doing a down and backer in a day from Carlisle so will request a vat of very strong coffee thank you please.


Carlisle and back in a day, now that's Darklands dedication for you...


A few of us did london and back recently for an event but damn thats dedication!

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:29 am
by Jonathon Chester
Jonathon Chester wrote:Well it’s that time of year chaps and chapettes!

Skirmish at Coffa Tree is now booked and ready for entrants.

Sadly we couldn’t sort the venue for a two day event despite my attempts but the last three one day events have been a success so let’s keep up the fine tradition.

The player pack can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ao3wqeiunxaw2qu/Skirmish%20at%20Coffa%20Tree%20Player%20Pack.pdf?dl=0

If we hit the 18 player cap I can look at increasing the capacity.

Also we have an event page on facebook if people are interested: https://www.facebook.com/events/835056053494474/

Look forward to seeing you all there!

Jonathon


Entrants List:

1. John Perkins
2. James Blair
3. Nick Waterson
4. Scott Atkinson
5. Rob Lane
6. Hugh B
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.

Spare Player - Jonathon Chester

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:30 am
by Jonathon Chester
HughB wrote:As an Englishman who grew up in Dumfries & Galloway, one of the funniest moments in my life was seeing a Glaswegian describe some of my Scottish mates as southerners. Almost died laughing. They were slightly less amused.

Also can you my name down to attend for your fine event please Mr Chester. I am entirely omnivorous though may be doing a down and backer in a day from Carlisle so will request a vat of very strong coffee thank you please.


I'll look at getting a vat on hand ;)

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:16 pm
by Medivo
Jon, I need to inform you of my special dietry requirements....

Rhubarb and custard's are mandatory, sandwiches are out of the question, as I can only eat pizza!

No rubbish coffee either, it'd better be the expensive stuff!

:P :P :P :lol:

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:25 pm
by Jonathon Chester
Medivo wrote:Jon, I need to inform you of my special dietry requirements....

Rhubarb and custard's are mandatory, sandwiches are out of the question, as I can only eat pizza!

No rubbish coffee either, it'd better be the expensive stuff!

:P :P :P :lol:


you'll have red mountain and like it! ;) :lol:

if i get enough people i could look into pizza if the majority want it.

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:27 am
by Dayle12
I'll be in attendance this year
Will pay after the 20th,

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:34 am
by Jonathon Chester
Hi Dayle,

No worries look forward to seeing you there.

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:26 pm
by Grizzle
I'm in for this!

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:59 pm
by Brightblade
Question: Are we going to be able to play by Proxy, or are we limited to what we physically have to construct a muster?

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:40 am
by Jonathon Chester
I'm going to say you are fine to have a conversion based on a mierce model as the core of the model but no proxies to help avoid confusion.

If however you have a unit upgrade for example the wolf claws upgrade for waelwulfs, not having these on these is ok as long as you are either consistent across an army, or only have one unit with the upgrade represented by something very obvious.

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:45 pm
by Brightblade
Jonathon Chester wrote:I'm going to say you are fine to have a conversion based on a mierce model as the core of the model but no proxies to help avoid confusion.

If however you have a unit upgrade for example the wolf claws upgrade for waelwulfs, not having these on these is ok as long as you are either consistent across an army, or only have one unit with the upgrade represented by something very obvious.


So say I wanted to include some Anglecynn Ceorl warriors in my Muster but the models haven't been released yet I could use Anglecynn Gesith Warriors instead?

What about if I wanted to substitute Ceorl warriors for Baalor warrriors from the Fomoraic kindred, would that be acceptable?

What about if I wanted to substitute Bowmen for Spearmen, but play them as Bowmen?

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:57 pm
by Jonathon Chester
This sounds like proxying to me ;)

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:15 pm
by Brightblade
So what your basically saying is that if it hasn't been released as a Retail Miniature then you cannot include it in your Kindreds muster? Is this correct..

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:44 pm
by Jonathon Chester
Brightblade wrote:So what your basically saying is that if it hasn't been released as a Retail Miniature then you cannot include it in your Kindreds muster? Is this correct..


No, conversions are fine. It’s to avoid confusion as visually spearmen in your example don’t really look like bowmen, where as armour upgrades are fine as not every model has a representation of all of those.

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:34 pm
by Jonathon Chester
Up to 10 players now matching last year!

This is great to see and hopefully some lurkers out there are looking to sign up and we can smash the player numbers!

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:59 am
by Jonathon Chester
Still plenty of spaces left for you lurkers

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:43 pm
by Crazyguy501
Jonathon Chester wrote:Still plenty of spaces left for you lurkers


Get me down as 11th player attending. Besides Hugh will need company to keep him awake/sane to Carlisle and back. :D

James

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:47 pm
by Jonathon Chester
Crazyguy501 wrote:
Jonathon Chester wrote:Still plenty of spaces left for you lurkers


Get me down as 11th player attending. Besides Hugh will need company to keep him awake/sane to Carlisle and back. :D

James


Woot! Now you just have to see if Paul can come and it will be a full car ;)

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:30 am
by Jonathon Chester
So after a cracking day at Salute on Saturday, how many people are using models they bought at Skirmish?

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:15 pm
by Brightblade
Jonathon Chester wrote:So after a cracking day at Salute on Saturday, how many people are using models they bought at Skirmish?


I've bought some Erainn on the Salute Offer, I may very well Muster those at Coffa Tree, but am presently undecided, with 5 different Kindreds to choose from I'm spolit for choice...

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:16 pm
by Jonathon Chester
Choice is both a blessing and a curse

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:44 pm
by Brightblade
Jonathon Chester wrote:Choice is both a blessing and a curse


Tell me about, spend most of my time trying to construct Musteres for each Kindred and devise new ways of Losing less terribly... :lol:

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:37 pm
by Jonathon Chester
Once new models arrive I will have 4 kindreds, one of which I dont think will be functional but will look cool

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:48 pm
by Brightblade
Jonathon Chester wrote:Once new models arrive I will have 4 kindreds, one of which I dont think will be functional but will look cool


You and me are just Mierce Hoarders... :lol: 8-)

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:11 pm
by Jonathon Chester
Brightblade wrote:
Jonathon Chester wrote:Once new models arrive I will have 4 kindreds, one of which I dont think will be functional but will look cool


You and me are just Mierce Hoarders... :lol: 8-)


Indeed, I’ve still got plenty on order let alone painted or in the pile of shame

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:51 am
by demyse
ok well put me down then.

I mean for the event, not to euthanize or berate.

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:24 am
by Jonathon Chester
demyse wrote:ok well put me down then.

I mean for the event, not to euthanize or berate.


I will leave the berating for your podcast co-hosts ;)

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:49 am
by Jonathon Chester
If all the entrants could please send in their entry fee as soon as possible please that would be greatly appreciated, I can look at getting proper trophies this year with a bit of luck!

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:28 am
by Morray
Just checking if I can get my two other mates to join in, may mean cramming the rules and getting more figs but I think we can do it. :)

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:47 am
by Jonathon Chester
Morray wrote:Just checking if I can get my two other mates to join in, may mean cramming the rules and getting more figs but I think we can do it. :)


That's good to hear, hopefully you can come down!

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:46 pm
by Brightblade
Morray wrote:Just checking if I can get my two other mates to join in, may mean cramming the rules and getting more figs but I think we can do it. :)


Hey if your short on Mini's to use, I have more than enough of Fomoraic, Anglecynn, and Atalantes, I havent yet decided what Muster I will play but I have enough across 4 Kindreds, got a large Erainn Order being processed as we speak :) , so will have 3 others that can be used.

If your interested let me know, and I'll send you a list of what Iv'e got and you can build a muster and I can bring along whatever Mini's your missing.

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:56 am
by Morray
Oh shit that might be good mate. Ill speak to my friends see what they say as thats a game changer!

If we know the quik rules is that enough on the day?

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:24 am
by Jonathon Chester
Morray wrote:Oh shit that might be good mate. Ill speak to my friends see what they say as thats a game changer!

If we know the quik rules is that enough on the day?


That will be enough for the basics but there will be the full book in use so there will be some rules you'll need to familiarise yourself with. My advice is get started with the quick play guide but look at the journeyman rules in the book as much as you can as these will help the most for your basic understanding.

However, we've had plenty of new people come to the event and many of our players would be happy to give a bit more of a walk through for you guys so hopefully you leave knowing more than you came with. :)

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:10 pm
by Brightblade
Just paid you Jon..