Darklands Weekend

A place to talk about Darklands Events!
Brightblade

Re: Darklands Weekend

Postby Brightblade » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:49 am

Jonathon Chester wrote:
Brightblade wrote:
Rob Lane wrote:Scott is now Dayle's dad, as Scott's with Dayle's new mum, as Jo (who is with Dayle) is Scott's bird's daughter.

Andy is the unpaid court jester.

Cheers
Rob

Confused, you will be after the next episode of Soap.....

This feels like something from Jeremy Kyle!

Except we all have our own teeth....

Well most of us anyway... :lol:
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

As you slide down the Bannister of Life, may the Splinters be kind...
cornishlee

Postby cornishlee » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:15 am

OK, the venue is booked. You can find an information pack here https://www.dropbox.com/s/q3ue4tg5ypajm ... d.pdf?dl=0

Hopefully that should cover all questions but if you think it's missing something or a bit vague on one point then let me know. I'm going to put the link in the first item of this thread as well.
Jonathon Chester

Postby Jonathon Chester » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:42 am

Will look to organise come on Friday
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2018 - 127/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2019 - 128/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2020 - 100/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2021 - 12/100
Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:45 am

Jonathon Chester wrote:Will look to organise come on Friday

Jon,

You going down to Brackley this Sunday for Lee's Clubs gaming day?
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

Jonathon Chester

Postby Jonathon Chester » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:55 am

Brightblade wrote:

Jon,

Perkins and I am
Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:14 pm

Jonathon Chester wrote:
Brightblade wrote:

Jon,

Perkins and I am

Cool, us Rugeley peeps will see you there..

Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:37 pm

Lee,

I've shared your PDF on the Gotham to Samaria facebook site and a couple of local Gaming Clubs in my area..

cornishlee

Postby cornishlee » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:34 am

OK, thanks, Scott.
Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:14 pm

Bumping this up...

Think we are going to need some sign up's and payments shortly into the new year so Lee can get a confirmed booking at his venue..

Can we have a show of hands please as to who is aiming to attend?

Jonathon Chester

Postby Jonathon Chester » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:07 am

I am
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:39 am

Moi

Cheers
Rob
Grizzle

Postby Grizzle » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:43 pm

I'm in.
Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:05 pm

Hi all,

Just to update you on the accommodation for this event;

The Silverstone Premier Inn is currently £59 for the 2 nights of 7th and 8th February if paid in advance, £98 pounds on a flexible booking. The Pay now price I will imagine will increase the closer to the date you leave it to book.

The Silverstone Travelodge is currently £58 for a pay now booking for the 2 nights and £67 on a flexible booking, again I can only see prices increase closer to the date..

The cheapest B&B I could find is currently £60 for the 2 nights, link below;

https://www.bedandbreakfasts.co.uk/hoteldetails.aspx?hotelid=BNB12517

cornishlee

Postby cornishlee » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:53 am

Thanks for posting, Scott, and sorry everyone else for my silence in the forums the last month or two. It hasn't been a good few weeks - among other things I've had several unexpected health issues, with associated hospital visits, that have severely limited my leisure time and, more often than not, prevented me from getting on the computer.

I haven't received any registrations for the event, yet. I know we have the irregularities of yule upon us but since we're now less than two months away I hope this starts to change soon.
Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:41 am

cornishlee wrote:Thanks for posting, Scott, and sorry everyone else for my silence in the forums the last month or two. It hasn't been a good few weeks - among other things I've had several unexpected health issues, with associated hospital visits, that have severely limited my leisure time and, more often than not, prevented me from getting on the computer.

I haven't received any registrations for the event, yet. I know we have the irregularities of yule upon us but since we're now less than two months away I hope this starts to change soon.

No need to apologise Lee, these things happen to the best of us mate, just hope your through it now and on the mend..

I'll post the details again onto the Mierce / Darklands and Gotham to Samaria Facebook pages, jog somke people's memories..

Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:47 pm

Posted again on Facebook

cornishlee

Postby cornishlee » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:58 am

Yuletide is (kind of) over and the weekend kicks off in just five weeks from tomorrow.

If you're planning to attend then please remember that you should email me to let me know you plan to attend and also send payment via PayPal. You can find details of how to do both in the pdf linked to from the first item in this thread.
cornishlee

Postby cornishlee » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:43 pm

OK, I've spoken to the hall and apparently I can cancel the booking without penalty up until the end of next week if we don't have the numbers in place. At the moment, we don't.

Something that I think got lost in all of this is that it was meant to be an informal gathering for the Darklands forum community - not a formal event.

There were a number of people who said they were interested in doing this that I haven't heard anything from since. That's fine. If it is something you're still interested in, though, then now's your last chance to let me know.

If anyone's worried about stumping up money now and what happens to that if I do have to pull the plug on the event, it should be a pretty simple process to refund you direct from the PayPal fund.
Jonathon Chester

Postby Jonathon Chester » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:07 pm

Hi Lee, I'm happy to pay by Friday if this event is going ahead. Let me know
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:41 am

Lee,

How many people have you got attending right now?

Cheers
Rob
cornishlee

Postby cornishlee » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:35 pm

Four or five, counting Jon. So, although I've got until the end of next week to make a final decision I'm expecting to cancel at this point.I think eight would be viable but I'd need ten not to be out of pocket.
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:57 pm

Got you. How many people are you chasing for monies and confirmation?

Cheers
Rob
cornishlee

Postby cornishlee » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:15 pm

Rob Lane wrote:Got you. How many people are you chasing for monies and confirmation?

Cheers
Rob

Expressions of interest:

Me
Scott (Brightblade)
Rob
Jonathan Chester
Ronnie + 1
Andy (Grizzle)
Dayle

From that, I've heard from Me(!), Jon and Scott.
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:41 pm

So what's the crack, Andy / Dayle - do you still want to go?

Cheers
Rob
Grizzle

Postby Grizzle » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:08 pm

I have actually put in £30 today, in a vague hope.

I think the uncertainty is about accommodation and if it is going to go ahead and the booking prices + chance of getting money back, because it becomes more expensive nearer the date.
Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:34 pm

Grizzle wrote:I have actually put in £30 today, in a vague hope.

I think the uncertainty is about accommodation and if it is going to go ahead and the booking prices + chance of getting money back, because it becomes more expensive nearer the date.

Yeah, that is exactly the issue, to get the best price you need to pay upfront and these come as none refundable, so if we don't get the numbers for the event and it's cancelled then we lose 60, 70 quid for the Hotel room..

It's a bit of chicken and egg, you wait to see if we make the numbers before booking, then everybody does that and we don't make the numbers...

I advised that it's probably best to just Organise a day event where people can come and go in the same day, no hotels involved..

Also another issue, is that some interest came from members of the Gotham and Samaria facebook Group, and they are holding there 3 yearly event 2 weeks after the Darklands weekend, which is also a weekend event so I imagine that those that showed interest from that group will be going to that weekend of gaming instead as it's not limited to just one game...

Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:57 pm

As accomodation now stands;

Travelodge for the weekend is £80 flexible booking, or £65 none refund booking for a triple room, so between 3 its £26 & £22 per person respectively

Premier Inn for the weekend is £176 flexible booking, or £128 none refund booking for two Twin rooms, so between 4 its £44 & £32 per person respectively

£30 for the Event

Makes the Total outlay, minus food, travelling = Travelodge (£56 or £52), Premier Inn (£74 or £62) per person for the weekend..

Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:07 pm

Ive posted all the details along with Hotel Prices and attached the PDF to the relative Facebook Groups again..

cornishlee

Postby cornishlee » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:03 am

OK, with just six people I'm more or less confident still want to do this, I've decided to pull the plug. I don't really think that six players makes the weekend viable (although of course I could be wrong, maybe people would be happy to keep playing the same people over 48 hours). I've already refunded the money and closed the money pool, I'll contact the hall later today to cancel the booking.

Thanks to those of you who remained interested in coming. Much as I like the idea of a weekend of playing Darklands with others in this forum, it appears that the community is not yet big enough for that to happen.

Return to “Darklands Events”