Fomoraic Beast Folk

Somewhere to discuss or ask questions about the lore surrounding the Lands of Darkness.
User avatar
Skull king
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:26 am
Location: Los Angeles

Fomoraic Beast Folk

Postby Skull king » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:18 pm

I recall you mentioning a long time ago in (one of) the Kickstarter's comments, that the formoraic beast folk (Gabrax, Tarvax, Mammax, etc) were originally from somewhere else, and Baalor had corrupted them, much like the WoBs, and Ograx.

So I'm curious, where were they from, and what were they like prior to the Fomoraic corruption?

Did (and do) they all live separately from one another, or are they all one big happy family?

How do the other Fomoraic races view them?

What beast races haven't we seen yet for the fomoraic (or any other kindred)?

Do the specific animal types all get along with each other (ie, we know gabrax & Gul-gabrax, & Gabrox can all work together, but do Mammax get along with Mammox)?
Jonathon Chester
Posts: 1268
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:09 am

Re: Fomoraic Beast Folk

Postby Jonathon Chester » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:43 pm

I have a vague memory that the ‘beastmen’ side of the Formoraic were initially spawned from ‘man laying with beast’. This could totally be off the mark but would be an interesting thing
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2018 - 127/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2019 - 128/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2020 - 52/100
User avatar
Rob Lane
Site Admin
Posts: 2892
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Warsop Vale, Nottinghamshire
Contact:

Re: Fomoraic Beast Folk

Postby Rob Lane » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:03 pm

Skull king wrote:I recall you mentioning a long time ago in (one of) the Kickstarter's comments, that the formoraic beast folk (Gabrax, Tarvax, Mammax, etc) were originally from somewhere else, and Baalor had corrupted them, much like the WoBs, and Ograx.

So I'm curious, where were they from, and what were they like prior to the Fomoraic corruption?


The Friesians, like all Germanics, are shape-shifters; and they become Weroxen, in a similar way to the Werwulfas, the Hrafnmenn, etc. The Tarvax were once Friesian Weroxen! Similarly, the Gabrax - goat-men - were originally from another Germanic race. Not telling you who though ;o)

Note that not all beast-men are derived from shapeshifters - the beast-men from Far Thule, Srónax and Mammax and such, are entirely natural. They were early converts to Baalor's rule and so there's no woolly rhinos or mammoths outside of Baalor's kindred. There are non-woollies though of course, mostly used by the Byzantii...

Skull king wrote:Did (and do) they all live separately from one another, or are they all one big happy family?


Well, I wouldn't call them a happy family... one of the reasons I've split the Fomoraic of Baalor into different realms is mainly down to geography - Far Thule is Iceland / Greenland and the Cursed Herd are in the darkwoods of the tundra covering northwest Ireland - and like all tribal creatures they fight with each other constantly. They do, however, come together to fight the enemies of Baalor.

Skull king wrote:How do the other Fomoraic races view them?


Well, the Warriors of Baalor and the Reivers view them with contempt, but realise they are still savage in battle. So they use them.

Skull king wrote:What beast races haven't we seen yet for the fomoraic (or any other kindred)?


Now that would be telling...

Skull king wrote:Do the specific animal types all get along with each other (ie, we know gabrax & Gul-gabrax, & Gabrox can all work together, but do Mammax get along with Mammox)?


Yes, to a point... although the Mammax are more intelligent than the Mammox as the latter is simply an animal, whereas the Mammax are blended with humans.

Cheers
Rob
User avatar
Skull king
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:26 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Fomoraic Beast Folk

Postby Skull king » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:21 pm

Thanks for the Answers Rob!

After I wrote the questions, I was looking at the webstore, and saw the breakdown of the Formoraic with the cursed herd, and Far Thule, and the others.

I think I enjoy the 'Far Thule' group the most, but they are all pretty awesome!
User avatar
Rob Lane
Site Admin
Posts: 2892
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Warsop Vale, Nottinghamshire
Contact:

Re: Fomoraic Beast Folk

Postby Rob Lane » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:46 am

Skull king wrote:Thanks for the Answers Rob!

After I wrote the questions, I was looking at the webstore, and saw the breakdown of the Formoraic with the cursed herd, and Far Thule, and the others.

I think I enjoy the 'Far Thule' group the most, but they are all pretty awesome!


No worries, glad you're enjoying it all!

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Darklands Lore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest