Hierarchie of the Jutes

Somewhere to discuss or ask questions about the lore surrounding the Lands of Darkness.
Nimor

Hierarchie of the Jutes

Postby Nimor » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:02 pm

Hi Rob,

what's the story behind the draeguth, gasts and dwimor? How does one become one or the other after "dying"?
I remember you mentioning the dwinor as somewhat of a lowly origin. Maybe even some of the long-time residents remember snippets from older kickstarters about this topic? In this case, please feel free to post them here.

Thanks
Martin
Rick_Boer

Re: Hierarchie of the Jutes

Postby Rick_Boer » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:20 pm

Gasts are reserved for former kings only.
As for the Dwimor, they're last stage. So if a dreaguth "lives" long enough he finally becomes a dwimor (they're full on ghosts, no visible armor or anything)
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:51 pm

Nimor wrote:Hi Rob,

what's the story behind the draeguth, gasts and dwimor? How does one become one or the other after "dying"?
I remember you mentioning the dwinor as somewhat of a lowly origin. Maybe even some of the long-time residents remember snippets from older kickstarters about this topic? In this case, please feel free to post them here.

Thanks
Martin

First of all, did you read the background in the rulebook, concerning how the Wihtas are created? If you haven't, I'd suggest you read that first.

Drēaguth are essentially wihtas that hate the living so much their loathing consumes their every waking thought. Over the decades and centuries that follow, as their memories dim their souls swell with that loathing - and the sorcery that created them swells too, changing their bodies and breaking the physical aspects of them down in the process, which is why they lose many of their bits, as it were. Thus, over an even longer length of time (although this does depend on how quickly their hatred consumes them), they become Dwimor, horrors without physical form.

The Gāsta are simply noble Drēaguth - kings of old given greater reverence. They remember they are kings, but not much else - which further pushes their hatred.

Hope that gives you some idea of what's going on...

Cheers
Rob
Nimor

Postby Nimor » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:43 pm

Rob Lane wrote:First of all, did you read the background in the rulebook, concerning how the Wihtas are created? If you haven't, I'd suggest you read that first.

The Jute section was pretty much the first thing I read after getting the book. Just wasn't sure what makes you a whit, dreaguth, gast or dwimor in the end. So thanks for the explanation. 8-)
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:50 pm

Nimor wrote:
Rob Lane wrote:First of all, did you read the background in the rulebook, concerning how the Wihtas are created? If you haven't, I'd suggest you read that first.

The Jute section was pretty much the first thing I read after getting the book. Just wasn't sure what makes you a whit, dreaguth, gast or dwimor in the end. So thanks for the explanation. 8-)

Gotcha! That's great then. Does everything make sense?

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Darklands Lore”