Apprentice Noob Question

Show off your own musters and the tactics you use here!
vanderhagast

Apprentice Noob Question

Postby vanderhagast » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:30 pm

Hey there everyone!

I’m more than new to Mierce. I have admired their sculpts over the years and I finally dove in with Jute, Anglecynn, Erainn, Norse, Ysian and Sellswords.

I got their available infantry sets, support sets and warlords to add some variety to my games (I haven’t even read the rules, for the book is HUGE, well, I’m just starting to read them, and te index doesn’t help).

In order to take advantage of the Black Friday Special, i though to maybe buy a few large creatures for my armies (especially for that beast Master sell sword to bring into play).

Since buying them all would be too expensive, are there any you would recommend? Is it even worth buying them for a beginner? I don’t know if they can even be fielded easily.

Thanks in advance!
HughB

Re: Apprentice Noob Question

Postby HughB » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:38 pm

Hi there. Right, where to start. If you're getting into the game for the first time its a good idea to play at small points totals to get the hang of the rules. As you say the rule book is big but, as with anything, the more you read it and the more you play, the more you get the hang of it and understand both the rules and the lay out of the rulebook.

Unfortunately if you start small and want to play a big monster, it can be difficult to find the spare points to fit in a commander and a mainstay unit to given yourself a legal force. What I'd suggest is look at some of the starter hosts on the website that are available for each different kindred as these starter hosts tend to give you a small playable force for between 500 gold (small game) and 999 gold (fairly small game) depending on whether its an infantry or monstrous infantry starter host. A lot of the starter hosts contain a monster of some sort as well so it might be worth seeing whether the monsters you're interested in come as part of the currently available starter hosts. If not you could always buy the monster as well as an add on.

Hope that helps?

H
painting challenge 2019 - 67/100

All absolute statements are false
vanderhagast

Re: Apprentice Noob Question

Postby vanderhagast » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:24 pm

Hey there! Thanks for the reply.

I already have starter forces for those armies I mentioned, but I haven’t played a si for game. Hehehe
I guess it’ll be wise to just focus on what you say, start small and build up from that.
Im sure there’s going to be other special sales in the future and I can take advantage of those.

Return to “Darklands Tactics and Musters”